Thread: Pip?

Default Pip?

im new to sony vegas, and was wondering how to put 4 videos on the screen playing at the same time.

here's a ruff sketch for anyone who doesnt know what im talking about. thanks in andvance
    ------------------
    | video 1|video 2 |
    | |
    | video 3|video 4 |
    ------------------

All the same video or different ones?

Postition the video using Track Motion...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 07-09-2006 at 08:36 PM. Reason: changed size of image and made attachment

thanks ill try that, but yeah 4 diffrent videos

I think you can simply add more video tracks. Then position each one individually where you want them. Naturally, the video clips must be aligned in the same time frame if you want them to begin and end together. Otherwise, it might be a nice effect to have them float in one by one and then float out again. In fact, I think I'll try that. It sounds like fun. Thanks for the idea!

Yes, I just tried it and it works fine. I have Vegas Movie studio, so I could only add one more video track, but I cheated and used the Text track for a fourth video clip. One thing that caught me at first was that it laid the audio for each clip on top of each other. I just deleted the ones I didn't want. You have to know that they are hiding under each other, though. Sneaky devils!

The track motion works fine for resizing and "floating" clips in and out, though. You could even get tricky and have them shrink to make room for the next one. For sure, you'd get a lot of practice using the track motion feature.
    Last edited by Slrman; 07-10-2006 at 09:14 PM.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

no problem, but all i need to do now is find a better use for this effect :]