Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my first after effects attempt

1. Default my first after effects attempt

just thought i would post this up here - let you have a bit of a look.

this is the intro sections to the battle of the bands DVD we did for the musicians centre.
    This was my first After effects attempts.... sorry about the crappy compression quality.

let me know what you think

I like it, I like it alot.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

not bad at all.. keep it up

Your first attempt? You scare me. How did you do that? Great. yeah the compression quality was crappy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by minsh
    Your first attempt? You scare me. How did you do that? Great. yeah the compression quality was crappy
    all i did was make up a large image in photoshop leaveing spots fot the vids to go into. then in AE i pinned the short video clips where the need to go and then just used a camera track to move around the image. the last little section of with the BOTB logo and spinning thingy is just a bit of simple animation.

Blog Entries

I was impressed with this when I visited your site a few days ago. I may well steal all your ideas!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turn Media
    I was impressed with this when I visited your site a few days ago. I may well steal all your ideas!
    Feel free. but............. i wanna see them all! im just trying to get on your site but its not responding

Scary is right! That's a great first AE project. Well executed but more importantly a great vision to have come up with the idea. I must remember it

I only spotted one error. The first clip is over the top of the pinned photo rather than underneath it unlike the second actual movie clip which sits nicely underneath the photo.

Blog Entries

Yea, great intro - made me wnat to see the rest for sure. Must have a go at ae, I could od that in vegas but it would be a fiddle and probably wouldnt look as swish.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    Scary is right! That's a great first AE project. Well executed but more importantly a great vision to have come up with the idea. I must remember it

I only spotted one error. The first clip is over the top of the pinned photo rather than underneath it unlike the second actual movie clip which sits nicely underneath the photo.
    thank you very much. well spotted on the first video, it also disapears before it leaves the edge of the screen - didnt notice till after rendering and then it was too late cos of a very tight deadline. not to worry though... clients didnt mind

first with this section i started with all kinds of things flying in and loads of pictures and videos of the bands and event all over the place.... that just all got way too busy and looked extra poop! - so i thought about it a little and took the graphic designers route (graphic designer by day, video maker by night), i saw a little tutorial explianing the camera track and then figured the rest out from there. took me about 5-6hours all told.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast