Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Markw!

Default Hey Markw!

I'd quite like to have another look at your showreel now I have some time but I appear to have lost the link. Think I must have deleted it in error as I hurriedly deleted all the dodgy sites I'd been visiting b4 the wife got home. Not that I'm suggesting that YOURS is in any way dodgy!!

Blog Entries

My site dodgy !? I should hope so. S reel is on the main page of my web site, www.zaskarfilms.com (hurrah, one more hit)

Ta, Tryin to work out whats goin on at 00:02:37 mins on track 34 of your veg file. I want to see if Vegas can do an effect like 2 people moving at different speeds...like ermmmm....crowds of commuters walkin over London bridge . everybody in the shot is moving at high speed (busy city) except for one person who is in slow mo......Chromakey?.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian
    ...Chromakey?.
    You can always tell when chromas been used. Best way by far (in my humble) would be film the man moving on his own (no one else there) wait until it busies up, (don't move the tripod) and film more with plenty of folk. Meld the two together.
    Remember to film helluva lot more of the crowd than the single as you're going to speed it up hundreds of percent.

Blog Entries

Ah, hmm, that was a really interesting edit. The whole film is here - http://www.zaskarfilms.com/filmpages/digiexppage.htm

It was done by filming the path in the park with a still camera on a tripod (apparent cam zooms added after), then people were clipped out with c cutter and put on different tracks and 'fiddled' with to create effect you see.

Cos the camera didnt move the people didnt need to be masked frame by frame cos the b grounds diddnt change. Clever eh, but still bloody fiddly. Took 10 hours to render 3 mins ish I think.

As for the speeded up crowd effect - the best way to do it is all in the filming but it wont give normal walking in a speedy crowd- just get your subject to stand in a crowd, very still, film a few mins and speed up, common pop vid effect.

What you want is harder to do and place some restrictions on how it can look.

(thinks, has a coffee, a fag, scratches nose, empties dishwasher)

In the park thing the trick was to have nothing overlapping, in a crowd this is going to be unlikely. Again the easiest way would be to get your subject to walk verrryyy slowly in the crowd and speed up, may look odd but it will work.

If you key in your subject then it would wk if there is not too much overlapping, if they stay in the foreground perhaps.

For a perspective type shot where they walk to / away from the camera to do it in the edit I cant think of an easy way, to look convincing you would need to make a mask of the subject frame by frame to allow for the overlapping with others in the crowd - unless the crowd could be very fast and motion blurred when the overlaps and cookine cutter outline would be lees obvious, again better if you made a frame by frame mask.

Dont think I can offer any more help without a clearer description of the exact look of the shot or by trying it myself.

Yea I appreciate its gonna be fairly labour intensive and I'm not sure if the clients gonna be prepared to cough up for the time. We did this years ago on a Benny Hill Show but I cant, for the life of me, remember how we did it. That loss of memory and a sudden abundance of nasal hair (Epping Forest springs to mind!) says a lot about my ageing condition. Could be the alcohol of course but Ive never read anything about alcohol causing your hair to grow down through your brain and out yer nose. Thanks anyway guys.

Blog Entries

If you suss it can you show us the result and explain how you did it as it is a cool effect.

You worked on the Benny hill show - wow - that was great and the man was a genius.

Will do! but the clients still being resuscitated in A&E after I told him I was gonna charge him for 20 hours editing just for that 1 effect!! So its not lookin good. I was a staff cameraman at Thames TV for 11 years and 5 years at TVAM before going freelance....remember Roland Rat??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian
    ....remember Roland Rat??
    Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh ratfans!

(poor imitation)

Loved him (it)
    EDIT - Aren't we trying to teach our grandmother to suck egges here?

Blog Entries

Granny - eggs, maybe but didnt they edit in them days with a stanley knife and sellotape ? ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast