Thread: Help With Adaptec Avc 2200

Default Help With Adaptec Avc 2200

I have an adaptec AVC 2200, It is a USB capture device. When capturing video , there is a smal band at the bottom of the picture of distorted picture. It is really small and does not seem to show when I burn to a dvd, although it is there an play back. I am using the composit inputs. It is a 2.2 gig pc with 512 meg of ram, win xp sp2.
    will using thhe svideo iput get rid of this. Is there an adapter that will take composit signal and reproduce the svideo signals on the pins ?

What you are seeing is a full screen preview on your computer monitor, but the television screen won't show that as it cuts it off. The monitor uses a display process called Overscan, where you see the entire picture but televisions use Underscan, where the top, bottom and sides are 'cut off' from view. So don't worry about any lines you see at the bottom of the picture. Composite and S-Video signals are completely different, basically in a composite signal all the picture elements are bundled in together but in an S-Video signal the Chrominance (colour part of the signal) and Luminance (light and dark parts of the signal) are handled separately which gives a much higher picture quality. What are you capturing your video from, is it an analogue camcorder or VCR? USB won't give as high picture quality compared to using a digital camcorder and Firewire.

well when i use a pci based vid cap card there is no "over scan lines" I have tried another newer type usb cap usb device and it still does this not as much. I do presentations on PCs also so i need to find something that will work. The PCI card broke.