Thread: Slowing Down

Default Slowing Down

I am a new to vegas and i am trying to learn slow down a video and the audio with Vegas 6.0 i know to slow down video u have to insert a envelope (velocity) but when i tell it slow down somewhere it seems like the video ends earlier like it will slow where i want it to but the little bar that is moving seem to not slow down with the video so the picture ends before it is supposed to

my 2nd question is with audio i read on here that u cant sync ur audio to slow down with the video so i asked some people and they said to use soundforge 8 , i have been looking and cant find how to slow it down there i was wondering if any1 could lend me a hand please

All feedback appreciated

Blog Entries

You can speed/ slow vid and audio together, but not with a velocity envalope.

It does work when you 'rubber band'. The audio / video must be locked together, then click on the clip at end/ start (with normal edit tool selected), hold control, pull, done.

The reason the clip does funny things with velocity envalope is that changing the speed will change the length. If the clip is clipped from a larger clip this can be very confusing - I rarely use it cos i find it confusing.

Thank you very much mark, i was wondering though after i tried this i noticed the video was very echo'ish is that to be expected? or is there a reason or way to fix this

Blog Entries

Audio suffers when you stratch it. There are a few different settings you can try.

After streatching the audio right click on the wave form - properties - then try the different 'stretch attributes' and see what sounds best.

Alright TY very much i appreciate your help i hope to soon be able to make decent videos