Thread: Can't Capture Using Pinnacle Studio 10.5

Default Can't Capture Using Pinnacle Studio 10.5

Ok, i recently bought Pinnacle Studio 10.5 and the next day tried to capture a video onto it. It said it was starting the capture and the video camera began to play. However the studio did not create clips and the preview didn't play at all. Instead of a video file, i got a bunch of folders with more folders in them and nothing else. I ttried several times. Finally i went to the Pinnacle Website and fired off an email. They suggested to re-install the program, so i did. Now everything on my computer knows my video camera, when hooked up to the firewire, is there, except Pinnacle Studio 10.5. I'm relatively new to video editing, but does anyone have any suggestions?

Default Studio 10 Capture Problem

I had the same problem. Since I was in an instructional setting I performed a quick work around. Simply opened video with one click in MovieMaker, then imported it into Studio. What I can't understand is: if of all people, Microsoft can make capturing a video that simple, why can't a product you have to pay for do the same? I don't want to continue using this workaround, so I hope someone tells us the answer.

By the way, I tried several comuters. In addition, in other forums, it was suggested to reinstall software. That didn't help.

Someone help!