Thread: New Vid

Default New Vid

More desert and racing stuff....

Big file..

1024kbs Stream
    Using a Sony Digital 8 handycam for camera work and Adobe Premiere Pro 2 for editing.

File is Aproxx: 40 MB

Little file:

512Kbs Stream

18 mb file

Music:
    Chevelle - Family System
    -Bayne-

www.baynewerkz.com

XHA1, RedRock M2 - Nikon, AT4073, Green Screen, Final Cut Studio 2.

I liked it, very intertaining for "another" quad vid. The only thing is once you see one quad video you pretty much seen them all, no disrespect intended. You did a good job for the subject.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Gotta agree there.

For a "quad" video it was amongst the better ones but for those of us non-quads it's a bit like "more of the same". You can obviously handle a camera well, how about aiming the result at those not in the know?

I don't know any more about the subject after watching the video. One problem is that most of us are seeing a 3"x4" compressed video, so the long shots tend to get lost amongst the pixels. Once you've seen half a dozen souped-up lawnmowers flying through the air, you've seen 'em all.

Those who were there can remember the noise, the smells, the heat. We can't imagine it and the video doesn't bring any of that across. There's a saying "machines are pretty, people are interesting" which is a good mantra for this sort of video. There was no personal involvement for the viewer.

I would have liked to have seen a few of the people involved, a couple of vox-pops or very short sound-bite would have sufficed. The semi-heavy-grunge music is also very much passe. How about, next time, stretching yourself and filling more of the frame with the action and trying a different music track, just to be different? Anything to make it stick out from the crowd.

I don't think it's cr*p, just... didn't grab me.

Blog Entries

As environmentally damaging sports vids go that was a well executed and swish film. Predictable but very well done, some great shots of the quads for sure and well cut to the music.

One for the converted as it didnt have a human angle (vox pops) or tell me about the sport. Great as far as it went.

BTW - deinterlace befor compression and avoid adding noise in the compressed version as it looks rubbish after compression.

(and.... arent quads for people who are scared of motocrossers ??? )

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W

(and.... arent quads for people who are scared of motocrossers ??? )

Bite your tounge....im just not that coordinated....

I am thinking of this as an intro now, to a larger movie. Now that I have more footage, including helmetcam footage. Probably going to do a background interview with Heather from podium productions and make a short for her and her website...A little more personal, vox pops, and voice overs....planning a trip to Mexico as well as the Oregon dunes...so more footage and exclusives in the making...Have an interview with freestyle motocross "godfather", Mike Metzger that im trying to throw in the mix.

Thanks for not burning it too bad....i know its another quad MX video, it doesnt suit all....but the guys i made it for, love it....so i guess my goal was fullfilled
    -Bayne-

www.baynewerkz.com

Blog Entries

Upcoming vid sounds interesting.

In that desert I would be very very carefull with your equipment - sand kills cameras !

Got a cover on order soon for the DVC30.....the X-205L is sealed pretty well....my old Sony Digi8 died that way.....
    -Bayne-

www.baynewerkz.com