Thread: Is Elements 2.0 slow? Or is it me?

Default Is Elements 2.0 slow? Or is it me?

I saw APE2 at a good price, and although I already use Serif MoviePlus 5, I snapped it up.

I can't seem to run it at a decent speed. Epecially noticable doing a preview, and redrawing the thumbnails on the timeline.

I have defragged my C drive and tidied up my constantly running programs to a bare minimum.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm not using it for HDv, just the standard MOD files from my JVC HDD camcorder. Which are MPG2 files, effectively. I know it's not ideal, but MoviePlus seems to handle it at least twice as fast.

BTW, I have 2 GB ram, and a single 3200 Mhz CPU

2. Default

try without the tumbs in your timeline u can have it either with them, with out them or with 1 at each end of the clip. i think that may speed things up

Alan Hodkinson
    at
    Viking Video

3.2 Ghz P4 800FSB CPU, 2Gb DDR400 PC3200 memory, 128Mb AGP ATI Radeon 9200 DDR Graphics, 40 Gb H/D, 250 Gb H/D, 1.5 Tb H/D, NEC ND-2510 dual layer DVD 8X, LG Gsa-4081B DVD, Creative soundblaster live, Windows XP SP1, Premiere Pro, Premiere Elements 2.

Thanks for that! Maybe I should RTFM as I didn't know about the extra step "Render" that I should be doing in elements. LOL

Cheers.

Default Dont expand

Hi rob,

It also helps if you zoom your timeline out at the point you want to preview from, so use the zoom in on the timeline to find the point you want to preview and then zoom the timeline back down. You also have the option to set the image size on the timeline and i would set it to small when you are previewing. You say that you have stopped all programs that are running but have you made sure that your antivirus software is not still running even though you think you have disabled it.