Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You gotta see this!!!!

Default You gotta see this!!!!

I am about to make a little film and I needed some software to capture video from computer games.

I found my software and also went looking to see how people had used it.

I came across the most inventive and interesting format that I have seen in a long time. Take a look at the following link and when you are on the page, download the file 'Thunderbolts & Lightning'

http://www.grover.co.nz/index.php?se...s&content=f111

I reckon that anyone can do this with a game and software! I might see if I can use my croma cloth to graft myself into the action.

Let me know what you think?

I am an aircraft nut so I may be a little partisan but it really grabbed my attention!
    Visit my website at www.still-in-motion.co.uk

If you need video from a game the best program and only one you need is called Fraps. You can get the trial at their site and pay for it. Or you can download the full version torrent file for free. Best screen capturing program out there. Don't listen to what anyone else tells yah. This program is the best. Trust me.

Thanks for that Onomoto. I have downloaded it and also had to make sure all my Nvidia drivers were the latest!

Everytime I watch this clip - it sends the hairs on the back of neck going! I also got a nostalgia rush from the format and idea of the video. You probably wouldn't be familiar with the small war comic books that us oldies used to buy every Saturday morning with our pocket money.

It has brought those memories rushing back and it even had a 'Sea monkeys' advert!!!! Who remembers those eh?

Good luck!

Blog Entries

I remember sea monkeys, my mum wouldnt let me get em but I got some x ray specs... I really tht they would work and was gutted when they didnt !

Blog Entries

A really nice idea. Took ages to download though.

I always wanted one of those mini-submarines! Ate enough Bazooka bubble gum to sink a battleship collecting for something or other.

6. Default

sorry im not keen on this, it was quite boring. clever enough idea but not my thing.

Yes - I realised that it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but the main intent was to draw to everyones attention that there is a way of introducing video game media into our productions and perhaps with a bit of clever croma work - who knows.........Tron perhaps!!!!

8. Default

you wouldnt need any chromakeying to make this effect. after effects would be a much simpler option, it will cut down on lining up the footage and getting them to run at the same speed - that would be a rite pain in the arse!

This used fraps for ingame footage. This is me playing Counter-Strike and what got me into video editing and finally into filming. It's a few years old now but this was my first attempt at any kind of editing. Dont try to download or stream if you have a crap connection or even if you aren't totally curious as it's 132 meg.

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;2.../fileinfo.html
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru
    A really nice idea. Took ages to download though.

I always wanted one of those mini-submarines! Ate enough Bazooka bubble gum to sink a battleship collecting for something or other.

What Speed is your internet? It only took me abou 45-60 seconds.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast