Thread: Cant load Media Studio Pro 6.5

Default Cant load Media Studio Pro 6.5

Please help. I have a full legal copy of Media Studio Pro 6.5. It has been working perfectly for around 6 months. However, now when I load it up, it closes itself down immediately! It loads up as normal, but then as soon as it is finished, it exits, as if I had pressed thr 'X' in the corner of the screen?

Any ideas on what to do? I have reinstalled the software and the same thing happens.

Please help

Could be a Direct X incompatibility issue. Have you installed any other software recently that may have caused conflicts? If so check you Direct X versions and re-install those to the appropriate version. Alternative system restore your XP (I assumeXP?) settings to a date where Media Studio was functioning perfectly.

Blog Entries

What annoys me about uninstalling software is that you never quite get rid of all it's components. I only realised this when after uninstalling and re-installing I was surprised to see all my settings were exactly the same. Anyway, a quick browse of your registry will prove the point - you'll see registry entries from software you thought long gone!

If you're happy with playing around with the registry, I'd uninstall the software, then manually delete all registry entries pertaining to it (start, run, regedit). Then reinstall and I bet everything is fine again.

Make sure you back up the registry first

Blog Entries

Oh, and while I'm moaning, why oh why can't you uninstall directx... you click on uninstall and you're presented with a system restore prompt! Imagine if you had to do a system restore everytime you installed a piece of software. Ok rant over, sorry for flaming your thread

Marc I agree, thats those rather nice people at Microsoft for you

I had the same problem as this post a year or so back though when I (foolishly) installed a Harry Potter game. That damn wizard installed all sorts of Direct X drivers (Without so much as a would you like to overwrite message). Took me ages to sort it out, oddly enough as you suggested uninstall game, registry entries etc. Then a few days later my good wife re-installed the Potter game (darn, darn and cherchez la femme etc). On the second occasion I did a System Restore. Funny thing was this was a lot quicker and less frustrating than first time round.

You are right though it is rediculous that we have to go to these lengths. I think we shoudl put a Harry Potter spell on Mr Gates!

Thank you folks. I have taken on some of the suggestions here and tried the simple one first - a system restore - and it worked an absolute treat! Should have thought abot doing that originally but it never occurred to me.

Thank you very very much.

On another note (and this might have been covered elsewhere), the MPEG2 encoder in Ulead is a bit crap isnt it? Any suggestions for a decent (and preferably free-to-download) AVI to MPEG 2 encoder I could use intead of the one built into the software.

With my full thanks...

Never had any problems with the ULead Mpeg encoder myself, in fact I have always been quite impressed with the output quality. Only thing is, it is rather slow. Although to be fair that could be something to do with my neolithic 700Mhz Duron Processor (Upgrading July 2004).

I have read other posts on this forum, and elsewhere, confirming the performance problem.

Many experienced users on this forum like Tmpgenc and Virtual Dub. I am sure a couple of these old stagers will be able to offer far more competent technical advice.

Blog Entries

I say you can't go wrong with TMPGenc. There are better encoders, but not at the same price!