Thread: I'm new at this

Default I'm new at this

I've been burning movies to DVD for a while but just started to edit them using Magix Movie Edit Pro 10. I was wondering how if you can that is how you could combine pictures into one picture file so that it would look like one picture when watching the movie. I cant really explain but help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you want to combine pictures, use photoshop's layer mask (look in the help).

If I understand you correctly, you want to create a montage of images. Well Duncan is correct in saying to use Photoshop as you can put all the separate images on different layers and then use masks to hide one part and reveal another, a bit like a jigsaw puzzle with bits of one picture overlapping another. Or you could just lihe them up using guides and keep the straight lines and right angles, it really depends on what effect you want to achieve.

I really wasn't sure what he wanted to achive.. I was just kinda guessing from his discription. lol.

thanks to both of you i dont have photshop but i used the GIMP the open source photo editor and it worked great

Just as a side note: You may want to consider obtaining a copy of photoshop (maybe from a friend or something.. or maybe even the store), because it is a very very useful product to have with Premiere, because the whole set (premiere, photoshop, AE, and encore) work together through the PSD format.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

MEP10 will work with psd, png, tif, tga, jpg and many other picture formats. It will preserve and use transparency information too.
    It doesn't preserve animation in gif pictures though.

Now, you can put each picture on it's own track then use pan and zoom on each track to position and scale them to form a montage without using an external photo editor. You have 16 tracks in MEP10 to play with. If you need more, you'll have to mix-down your video to a single track then add up to 15 more pictures. If that still isn't enough, repeat.

MEP10 is very capable, just not well documented. Now that Magix has MEP11 out, there will be even less support for 10.
    Last edited by Crusty; 07-02-2006 at 04:12 PM.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Just for grins, I slapped together a quicky demo -

Screen cap of the set up - click here

Results - click here (scroll to bottom of page)
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70