Thread: Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Capture Cards

Default Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 Capture Cards

I'm considering purchasing Premiere Pro 2.0 and I'm looking for a compatiable capture card (maybe something with SDI) can anyone give me suggestions on compatiable cards. I've looked on adobe's site - not much help though. This is for a PC based system.

2. Default

Does the camera you want to use have a firewire output. If it does then you really don't need a capture card just a firewire card.

I'm not coming in from a camera directly. This will come in from a Sony DVCAM deck. Sorry i didn't post that in the orginal topic.

What connections does the deck have, does it not have firewire?

Have a look at www.matrox.com and www.canopus.com both of these do SDI systems, but I don't think the canopus range supports Ppro anymore.

Also check out Blackmagic decklink multibridge extreme.
    Last edited by miwhel; 07-01-2006 at 06:55 AM.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

miwhel, thanks for the info. It has an SDI port, S-video. I have had alot of suggestions for a Firewire; however, i read on adobe's site that they don't recommend using firewire. Any USB 2.0 or Firewire recommendations?

Firewire is 4 times (or something like that) faster than USB 2. If you use USB, I can almost guarentee you that you will have dropped frames, because the bandwith on the wire just isn't enough to transfer all the data.

If you can use Firewire then use that. If your budget runs to several thousand, then go SDI. The blackmagic unit works in 10 bit and is slightly cheaper than matrox, but I have heard that matrox are/have brought out a light version of their SDI, so it's worth checking out.

As stated above DO NOT go for USB2.

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Turns out my deck does not have a firewire connection. Therefore, I have returned to look into an internal cpature device compatiable with Pro 2.0. I have been looking at the suggestion above as well as black magic design and AJA xena. Has anyone used any of these devices?

To get you going you could connect your deck via svideo to the ACEDVio card from canopus. It is basically an Analogue to Digital converter with locked a/v sync that sits in a pci slot, it converts the video and sends it in to the software through an onboard firewire chip.

I have 1 of these cards and it works fantatsic with Ppro2.

Mike.