Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Ever Vid - BMX

Default My First Ever Vid - BMX

Hello Peeps,

I've only been filming and editing for a few days now and this is my first creation.. the quality is really poor and the title scene is out of proportion.. any ideas how to fix it?

The file is 8mb big and only 30second long but if you bother to download it.. please leave some feedback for me.

Regards,
    Robin Hawkes.

Remembering the link would help

http://www.m00ie.com/BMX_proj.avi

10 views and no replies? Come on peeps give me some feedback :P

Not sure where you are at the mo but it's office hours here in the UK and although I have web access at the office it's perhaps just a tad cheeky to perform an 8Mb download as a 'jolly' during work hours.

I'll try and find time tonight at home to have a look. Star Trek night tonight though so might have to wait till tomorrow. Sorry to be so sad.

Sorry i totally forgot.. i'm from UK but it's easter holidays so no college.

If my previous message seemed a bit rude i apologise.

Thanks for the reply .

Quote Originally Posted by Arien
    Sorry i totally forgot..
    Shame on you, forgetting that it's Star Trek night

Blog Entries

It's probably just me, but the aspect ratio didn't seem quite right. Seemed a bit too squished up.

Loved the camera angles.

Did you use a transition between the cut to black sequence? I think the editing needs to be a bit more crisp there.

Again, just my humble opinion!

thanks for the response, i'm not sure how to fix the aspect ratio if there is a problem with it? Any ideas?

Also i'm not sure what you mean about the "transition" thing, could you explain a bit more?

All comments and opinions are welcome, this video is undoubtedly going to be pretty poor as i'm learning on it really.

also, anyone get any idea why the title text went all distorted and unreadable?

If this was your very first attempt after only a few hours filiming thenit is not too bad for a first attempt.

I actually liked the photo effect as the bike jumped over the little hill. Although I agree with Marc that the editing could have been a lot crisper.

If I had a criticism though, it is that the shots were simply assembled with no real though to what music was in the background. For me, Action videos like this are improved enorously when 'action shots' are synchronised to music.

Incidentally I think your Titles are 'screwed' up because you are scrollign the second title onto the screen before the first title is finished. At a guess I'd say each title is centred text on a black background. Either wait until the first title is finished or use Overlay options to apply the Title. Hard to say really without knowing what software you used.

Good attempt though. Keep going with it, you'll get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast