Thread: Can I give up PP1.5?

Question Can I give up PP1.5?

I am very new to NLE. I took a course at the community college that introduced me to PP1.5 and I loved it. Of course, I don't love the price of PP2. Now that I have been exposed to this world, I want to incorporate it into my work. I am a trainer and would like to make short training videos for my company. Would Premiere Elements be satisfactory for this purpose? Since I have only ever used PP1.5, I don't know what I will lose by dropping to Elements. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated!!!

Bournemouth, UK

Premiere elements will be more than good enough for what I think you are looking for.

If you have used pro1.5 then elements won't be a problem for you, it looks a bit different but the tools work the same and the effects and filters included will be familiar as well.

Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Western Europe

Yes, Premiere Elements will do everything you want. From capturing to editing (working with video and audio separately, effects, transitions, insert edit, L Cuts, J Cuts, Blue Screen, Titling etc etc etc...) to final output either onto tape again or DVD. After you've done a few videos using PE2, show them to your boss and see if he/she will buy PPro 2.0?