Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can I use VEG files?

1. Default can I use VEG files?

Bit of a newbie question here: can I use .VEG files in Vegas 6?

Are VEG files for a higher version of Vegas?

Tks,

Blog Entries

All vegas files are veg files. I have files made in vegas 4, 5, and 6 and they all load and wk fine into 6. 6 is the newest.

3. Default Veg

My help files say, "Projects are saved using the .veg extension in the full version of the Vegas software.
    Projects are saved using the .vf extension in Vegas Movie Studio and Movie Studio Platinum"

I've got the software that saves using .vf
    I don't know the difference between the "full version" and my own version. I paid about $85 for my version of Vegas 6 and DVD Architect.

I tried renaming the .veg to .vf but didn't accept it.

any comments?

Blog Entries

Open 'vegas' - go to help - about, what does it say? I doubt it will be vegas 6.0, sounds like you have a stripped down budget version.

Hmm, I have Vegas 6.0a and it saves in .VF format, too. As I have been learning things here and elsewhere, it is obvious that some features do not work. Reformatting the windows, for example, doesn't work.

I paid $89 USD for this and I don't have the real thing? I am a bit irritated, to say the least. Is this another scam like Cyberlink?
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

The "Full" Version, Vegas 6+dvd runs about $700 USD unless you get the student discount then you can get it for about $250. Just check out the sony web site, it will show it there.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Does sound a bit dodgy. Odd too... you say the version is vegas 6.0d yet it saves as .vf.... odd.... something not right here for sure.

Mine says 6.0a I have no idea how to get 6.0d. Sony's help files and their web site or no help. It seems that, after they have your money, they don't know you. The disgraceful excuse they have for help files and a manual tell me they dont really care about customers after the sale.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

9. Default

Yes, the Sony customer support I have not found to be very impressive personally.
    However, Vegas 6 is impressive, stable and quick too.
    I'm still wondering what my version of Vegas can't do compared with the more expensive versions?

Any comments?

Given the price that you've paid and the file extension it sounds like you've definitely got Sony Vegas Movie Studio+DVD and not Sony Vegas 6.

I don't think it's Sony's fault. First thing you need to do is contact your retailer and confirm what you've bought, and if you want Vegas 6, send Movie Studio back and pay a lot more money for it.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast