Thread: slow video AND sound

Default slow video AND sound

hi,
    i can slow video now with the velocity envelope but how can i make the sound slow with the video?
    is there a lock somewhere? thanks

Blog Entries

Yes. With the normal edit tool, and with control held down left click on vid and sound, then right click, group, create new. Now they will both move together.

Grouping is a very powerfull tool when editing.

mark, thanks your a star, ive not used groups yet and im a beginner still. Ive ordered a book of amazon so that should help.
    i spent about 2 hours last night trying to get that to work, ill give it ago later.

Blog Entries

2 hours... I feel your pain! Dont worry youll get it, just keep on editing.

mark,
    ok i was nearly there last night, bit the Group New was greyed out, so now i removed from group and then i could select it, cool they now move as one when i drag them around, BUT....
    when i create a velocity envelope and slow the video the sound STILL stays at normal speed, so when i speed up the vid again the sound and vid are out of sync?

Am i doing something wrong?

cheers

Blog Entries

I assume the tracks are linked, then hold control, with normal edit tool got the end of the track, left mouse, pull the track and it will 'rubber band', get longer or shorter and slow / speed up video and sound.

I think the velocity envalope tool will only work on a video track.

ahh brilliant yes if i hold ctrl and stretch the group it rubber bands it, which doesn slow it, but......
    and now im probably getting way to technical... the velocity env tool was great because i was able to slow down a section of video slowly untill it stopped, then after a pause i slowly sped it back up to full speed.

By using this rubber banding of vid and audio track, it does all or nothing of a specific track.

and theres no gradual slowing down.

Am i asking too much?

Thanks mate

Blog Entries

Just had a look, cant find an easy way to do that. The pitch shift and time stretch audio plu ins from 'acid' that I use in vegas do not support keyframeing.

I would velocity env the video then do the audio 'long hand', slow down small chunks with the rubber banding so they roughly match the video. I have done this and it wks okay, try overlapping the sound clips to hide the changes.

ok well thats not TOOOOO bad, but ashame the vel env doesnt take sound with it.
    I would think theres not often you need to vel env a clip and not have the sound match it.
    But thanks anyway man, youve help loads.