Thread: I want to try Vegas BUT..

Default I want to try Vegas BUT..

Hi folks!

I had previously downloaded the trial vs. of Adobe Premier Elements 2.0
    (I believe) There's lots to learn whew!

Because I'm new to all of this, I wanted to try a couple of different ones to see which I might like. I'm a home vid only user. Using it for my camcorder (Sony DCR-DVD103) and pictures I want to put to dvd but make really nice.

I have not deleted the files for it yet but I want to try the Sony Vegas or DVD+

1.) Will there be any conflict with them on my computer (Win XP) or should I dump Adobe first???

2.) Which version of Sony (or other) do you recommend I try to start with?

And I wanted to say I admire the heck out of you folks who have gained the knowledge to do this stuff...very cool! Thank you for helping me/us others out!
    \"Just A Kid In a Grown-Up Body\"

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy
    Hi folks!

I had previously downloaded the trial vs. of Adobe Premier Elements 2.0
    (I believe) There's lots to learn whew!

Because I'm new to all of this, I wanted to try a couple of different ones to see which I might like. I'm a home vid only user. Using it for my camcorder (Sony DCR-DVD103) and pictures I want to put to dvd but make really nice.

I have not deleted the files for it yet but I want to try the Sony Vegas or DVD+

1.) Will there be any conflict with them on my computer (Win XP) or should I dump Adobe first???

2.) Which version of Sony (or other) do you recommend I try to start with?

And I wanted to say I admire the heck out of you folks who have gained the knowledge to do this stuff...very cool! Thank you for helping me/us others out!
    Try the free download of Vegas Platinum . . I'm trying it at present, looks easy-peasy . .
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Get the Sony Vegas. The help files and manual are pitiful and a disgrace. Luckily, you are in the right place to learn what you need to know. I've gotten far more useful information from this forum than was even in the manual or help files. This includes how to do stuff that isn't even mentioned in the Sony files.

I hope someday to learn enough about something to be able to repay the help this place has given me. Anyone want o know something about sailing or martial arts? LOL
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Thanks for the fast input!

Should I rid the ADOBE trial from the computer first though before trying the other?

Default Yea slrman...tell me this.........

How to gybe a genniker in a Force 7.....40ft multihull... medium seas, ....at night. Film it on a Z1 and make it look like it was all done in a studio with steadycam?. Answer that and you can marry me!!! (if current wife permits!!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian
    How to gybe a genniker in a Force 7.....40ft multihull... medium seas, ....at night. Film it on a Z1 and make it look like it was all done in a studio with steadycam?. Answer that and you can marry me!!! (if current wife permits!!)
    Ha, that made me laugh....

Blog Entries

No need to unload adobe befor loading vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian
    In a 40'Multihull, the best thing to do with a genniker in a force 7 is to dowse it and do it fast, day or night.

Send the Z1 and I'll do my best!

I suspect my current wife would be glad to see me go. Heh Heh Too much time spent playing with video stuff, I suspect.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Thank you again!

I'll be trying it out shortly...