Thread: windows movie problems

Default windows movie problems

I am making a video using my windows movie maker already on my computer, and I have to slow everything I edit down half to make it so it doesnt jump horribly. I will even get it to jump every time I use an effect. any help would be great. thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Is the jumping camera shake or added by the software?

If you could post a little more info, like PC spec, camera, and video type/format (DV, DivX,wmv) it will help.

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

not a camera jump.it is in the video after it has been edited. I dont know much about my computer, but the video is in windows movie maker project file untill I save it to my computer then its windows media file format. I just wonder if I got different software would it fix this?

It is very difficult to help with so little info, but I am thinking that you might be editing already compressed video maybe downloaded from the net and then letting MM choose the output compression settings which means that the footage is being compressed again, leading to jerky playback.

If I am wrong and the footage is from a DV video camera captured via a firewire connection then make sure the finished video is output to DV-AVI, the file size will be big, but it means you have a best quality version of the finished movie and this can be used for making multiple copies to whatever format you want. When the Movie Setting page comes up in the Save Movie Wizard, choose "Show More Choices" and then select "Other Settings" and choose "DV-AVI" from the drop down list.

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production