Thread: Couple Q's

Default Couple Q's

Hey guys, I am still pretty new to film dealios, and I have come here before and got great help, so I thought I would comeback!

My first set of questions:
    I just got a "Digital" Camcorder. (which can be seen here) But I don't understand it completely. What type of tapes do I need to get to get the best/digital picture it is capable of.

See, I got these tapes
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting
    But when I recorded I dont see any difference in quality when I use these tapes
    http://www.hectorshardware.biz/shop/...418&sku=663808
    Also they say 120 on them? But I only get 60 minutes?

My other question:
    Someone on here told me to get Sony Vegas 6.0, which I did, and I thank them for it. It is the coolest and most easy to use movie editing software I have ever seen. But see I only got the trial cause I cant afford 450 bucks, and my trial ran out! Im addicted to film editing, but I cant go back to windows movie maker. So does anyone know a very similar FREE software just like Vegas? Or another one that has a long free trial? Or a way to get another vegas trial?

Thanks again if anyone can help!

Blog Entries

Digital 8 tapes record less when used in a dig 8 camera, (like yours), than in an older analog hi 8 camera.

Vegas trail - no way to extend it I am afraid, hence the name 'trail'

Free software that is as good, err, no.

I think vegas do a value version of vegas, movie studio? Check that out, not sure how it differs from vegas.

When I used my sony digital 8 I didn't notice any difference between types of tape, the Sony ones which say Digital 8 on them are identical to the hi8 versions, just labelled differently.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    Digital 8 tapes record less when used in a dig 8 camera, (like yours), than in an older analog hi 8 camera.

Vegas trail - no way to extend it I am afraid, hence the name 'trail'

Free software that is as good, err, no.

I think vegas do a value version of vegas, movie studio? Check that out, not sure how it differs from vegas.
    Thanks for the vegas tip. They offer quite a bit of different vegas packages, and its all the same software, just with less feaures (ones I dont even need), and they each come with 30 days. So that means I can get 60 more days of vegas!

And as for the tapes, does that mean I am getting the highest possible quality already? Cause if so, that sucks. Any ideas for affordable camcorders (under 400, maybe 500 max) that are uber good for the price?