Thread: I am troll?

Default I am troll?

Hi I went onto a yahoo groups to learn about how the film industries work, when somebody came and called me a troll, saying I was mocking the proffession and making him feel like an idiot what is a troll?

“To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it.”

2. Default

Your post above is a fine example. From what I see of your other posts you are up to NO GOOD! You are playing with people for your own sick enjoyment.

So is that the response you want and need?

Blog Entries

Hmm, just had a look at posts here.... I have to say I agree on the evidence available.

Blog Entries

IMHO an inexperienced teenager can often be misdiagnosed as a troll.

Blog Entries

Yes, true, it is an often used term (too often perhaps).... well sorry if you are not trolling hamstein.