Thread: Toy Cat to Woman Morph - Take 2

Default Toy Cat to Woman Morph - Take 2

Well, at the suggestion of other forum members, I reproduced the effect using a morph instead of the complex fade setup. Actually looks better than I anticipated. See it here:

I first tried WinMorph, but that software sucked. I tried 2 others. Then I came across Morpheus Software at http://www.morpheussoftware.net/ and triend their "Industrial" version, as it accepted input directly from video.

Needless to say I was impressed and purchased it after using the demo version to make the test morph. It is really user friendly, easy and simple to use.

When this effect is used in my movie, there will be a real cat morphing into a woman dressed in a half-cat half-woman constume.

Blog Entries

Nice one. I will check out that s ware as I havent ever done morphing.

Blog Entries

Way better than the first effort. Terrific.

4. Default

That IS much better. So that software works with moving video?

Quote Originally Posted by Evereddie
    That IS much better. So that software works with moving video?
    Yes. Two AVI clips are needed. It takes the end point of the first clip and the beginning point of the second clip and morphs between the two. Morphing time is adjustable. You then render out the separate AVI morph clip (in this case 1 sec long).

After I got the rendered clip I imported it into my editor and positioned it to overlay the two clips, centered directly over their end/start points. The result is that the morph effect is syncronized with the source video.

By the way, this program also has provisions for adjusting the speed of the morphs points differentially (i.e. one part can morph slower/faster than other points). I have not tried that yet, but sounds promising.

I did the entire process in 20 minutes, and most of that time was setting the dots. The program is dead simple and I got it right on the first try after downloading the demo.
    Last edited by worddigger; 06-23-2006 at 01:54 PM.

Alot better, I'll have to check out that software
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

Yeah, definite improvement. Thanks for sharing your tests with us, it's a lot better than just reading the manufacturers' blurb.

I've never done any morphing, but the software looks interesting enough to think about having a go, good luck with the movie (hope you'll be entering the Videoforum's competition!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru
    Yeah, definite improvement. Thanks for sharing your tests with us, it's a lot better than just reading the manufacturers' blurb.

I've never done any morphing, but the software looks interesting enough to think about having a go, good luck with the movie (hope you'll be entering the Videoforum's competition!)
    No, not with this film. It will not be completed in time, and will greatly exceed the length requirements of that contest. It will be my first film with actors and dialogue based on an original 24 page script. It is a parody/satire on a Fairy Tale. Right now we're doing locations scouting and waiting for the last bits of costumes and equipment to arrive in the APO mail. This project itself has morphed from a simple "Drawing-Room" comedy to a full scale low budget production exercise. And, in the process, I am learning about music clearances, location and actor releases, and other nasty little obsticles that could keep the movie from being shown/distributed IF it even turns out to be good enough. Hell of a learning curve - smile!

Default cutting them out and resizing

Its diffenately better than the first try,the fade and layers didnt really work too well,morphing is the way to go.
    I have been morphing a while back and found out to get better results try to first cut out the two stills and if possible have the two photos the same size.Cutting the people,objects whatever out will concentate the morph on the people and not interfer with the background.
    Because your transformation was nice,if not a little too fast.BUT what was not pleasing to the eye was the morphing of the background and the cat and women.
    heres an example of a man into a sheep?!

Maybee you try again.

Mark