Thread: Premeire Pro 2.0 Keeps freezing

Default Premeire Pro 2.0 Keeps freezing

I just got Production studio Premium and used it for 2 days, worked great. Then after an evening of editing with Premiere I came back the next morning and as I tried to continue editing Premiere pro began freezing. It would freeze over anything and everything, I can't do anything in it except maybe create a bin, If I save or do anything from a drop down menu it freezes. Just get the Hourglass, No errors. Just not responding instantly.

I have since the begining of this week bought a new HDD with a fresh new install of XP Pro. I have called Tech support to no avail he thinks it might be a hardware issue, I have systematically pulled all hardware (Vid cards, NIC Cards Fire wire card unistalled sound and vid drivers) and exchanged ram, to no avail. I have all XP updates.

Everything else in Production studio works, even AfterEffects and Audition which as the big users of the cards.

I really need this stupid thing to work and don't know what else to try. I have a brand new MOBO and CPU and HDD yet this stupid thing don't work.

computer is:

Athlon 64 3500+
    Asus A8V-mx MOBO
    1 gig of Kingston KVR DDR 400 in dual
    Gforce 4 mmx 440 dual head video card
    Seagate SATA 160GB internal
    40 GB Westerdigital ATA drive
    5 GB Old backup Drive
    250 BG SeaGate External Drive

Hlep Please

Maybe a bad regestry entry? Try Regestry Mechanic and see if theres any erors. I'm sory but thats all the advice I can give you.

Oh one other thing: Do you have any plugins that were ment for APP 1.5? This can cause problems sometimes.
    CDB Productions

Hi,

Sorry to hear about you having problems with Adobe Premiere but you say 'Then after an evening of editing with Premiere I came back the next morning and as I tried to continue editing Premiere pro began freezing.' It sounds to me like something must have happened during the time you were away from the computer, did someone else have access to it during this period or did you change any of the settings yourself, and you may have just forgotten about it?

I've just thought of something else. Have you got any older versions of Premiere still on your computer that might be causing a conflict. And even if you did uninstall an older version, there might still be a few rogue files hiding in the shadows.

Hey thx for the reply's. As for someone else accessing my comp, thats a nope. It's in my home. As for it being an old copy of Premiere on there, I don't think so because I bought a new HD and reinstalled XP on that system, also formating the old one. So it was basically a whole new computer.

My next thought is to try a new Motherboard, one with a different chipset. Appearantly with reading more stuff, it appears I have a crapy chipset for editing. I have the VIA K8M800 chipset. Any thoughts.

Thx

Upon more troubleshooting I noticed that the program doesn't freeze but the CPU goes upto to 100% Usage, it's is trying to do the given task, but it's not able to do anything, just hangs at 100% CPU usage.

Any thoughts.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Switch7
    Upon more troubleshooting I noticed that the program doesn't freeze but the CPU goes upto to 100% Usage, it's is trying to do the given task, but it's not able to do anything, just hangs at 100% CPU usage.

Any thoughts.

Thx
    Does the Premiere Window go all white as well? If so then I get this on occasion. It happens when I open a project originally created in premiere 1.5 project in Premiere2. Obviously needs to have a think for a few minutes before it's then ok again. Not sure exactly what's going on with it or what it thinks it's doing. It just happens. new projects I've created in PPro2 are all ok though.

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I reinstalled a fresh XP Install on another drive so now I have 2 OS's on this Computer, one for daily driving and one for Only NLE, I didn't install anything not even sound or video. After PP2.0 wounldn't run with no sound drivers I installed the sound Drivers. IT WORKED!!! So then I installed the new Video Driver. IT CRASHED!!! so...I FOUND THE CULPRIT!! so uninstalled it but it still crashed, so I system restored back to the point where I installed PP2 and it worked again. From there I went back to using my old video driver and it seems to be working, though I have not done a project yet. Still a little worried for this is the original Video Driver I was using in the first crash. But at least I now know what was causing the problem. I was very close to buying a new MOBO thinking it was a chipset.

I guess the uninstall still left the little file that was conflicting on my computer somewhere, and I needed to restore back. So that leaves the question how do I Clean up that little file still on the other OS. I would like to run PP2 back on the other HD for it is a newer faster SATA drive. anything thoughts to that on.

Reformat your other hard disk and that will clear everything off.