Thread: my new video, advices pls

Default my new video, advices pls

I just started learning video editing. this is from some "candid" footages i shot. (horrible camera work).

I did some color correction and saturation and hue adjustments based on what miwhel recommended.

any advices will be highly appreciated. since i just start out, i would love to learn some basic skills of shooting and editing.

Thanks!

here's the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yP0GmNzudyw

Footage aside, you need to go through it again and check the position of the transitions, especially where there is transparency and 2 layers showing, check at 32secs the 2nd layer cuts in suddenly when a dissolve would be better, and again at 47secs 1 layer fades out leaving the other half transparent, these should really fade together.

You definitely seem to be getting the hang of editing, and with a little extra care on the edits I'm sure you will have no problem improving. If you get yourself a cheap fluid head tripod, this will help by giving you better footage to work with.

Cheers,

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

thanks Miwhel and Minsh.

About the 2 layer transition, i noticed that now. but the software i'm using (Ulead VideoStudio doesn't seem to allow me to change the second layer's transition, weird. i'll have to leave it hard transition as it is now.

yeah, i definitely need a tripod. those footages are just home movies and i didn't pay too much attention shooting them. (hence the walk and shoot) maybe in those scenes i should use some zooming.

Talking

hehe may check the "Pimp the Link" part find yourself a better software
    Quote Originally Posted by shredding
    thanks Miwhel and Minsh.

About the 2 layer transition, i noticed that now. but the software i'm using (Ulead VideoStudio doesn't seem to allow me to change the second layer's transition, weird. i'll have to leave it hard transition as it is now.

yeah, i definitely need a tripod. those footages are just home movies and i didn't pay too much attention shooting them. (hence the walk and shoot) maybe in those scenes i should use some zooming.

I could see what you were looking to achieve and despite some 'bumpy walking' I thought the colour was great and the choice of music excellent!

I personally see no problem in trying something and falling slightly short in quality terms.

Good luck!
    Visit my website at www.still-in-motion.co.uk

Skodster,
    thanks!

Yeah, that video was just from some home videos and i was just taking random shots.
    But it's a pain in the butt for the post production to correct those footages if they are not shot decently in the first place.