Thread: Cutting the clip

Default Cutting the clip

Hi, I would like to know how to cut the upper part and lower part of clips, this is to remove the subtitles. The videos are in .avi and the subtitles are incorporated, so it's impossible to remove them with VobSub or alike.
    I could try to do subtitle cleaning, i know that's possible, but i just don't know how to do it. Anyone can help me?

If the subtitles are part of the video then it will be impossible to get rid of them apart from putting a black rectangle over them to cover them up. Then again if you have access to Adobe Encore you may be able to get the subtitle track on a separate video track (you can tell from this that I haven't used Encore) and delete it, other than that it sounds like you're stuck with them.

Also, if the titles are part of the original clip then they are there for a reason.

Where did you source this clip from thast you are referring to. If you shot it yourself then your answer is to simply re-use the original clip. If you downlaoded the clip and are trying to 'clip' off the titles or credits then it suddenly becomes a questionable practice because you likely do not have rights to the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony
    If the subtitles are part of the video then it will be impossible to get rid of them apart from putting a black rectangle over them to cover them up. Then again if you have access to Adobe Encore you may be able to get the subtitle track on a separate video track (you can tell from this that I haven't used Encore) and delete it, other than that it sounds like you're stuck with them.

Yer thats all i would do just a black rectangle