Thread: Anyoine running a Matrox rt.x10 or x100 out there?

Default Anyoine running a Matrox rt.x10 or x100 out there?

Looking at speccing out a new PC for in a couple of months.

Thinking about putting wioth of these cards in, along with some sort of dual monitor graphics card (recommendations anyone?).

Just wanted to see if they are actually any good that's all, or whether people buy them just for the s/w, which I DO want too.

IS the x100 a better buy then the x10 etc etc.

Cheers, Alan

It depends of your needs... Why will you spend money in a card if you won't use all of resources?

These Matrox cards are very good choices - Buy RTX10 if you won't need Chroma/Luma Key and MPEG2 encoding at a Real Time Speed..

I chose RTX100 and i cannot make better refference - my best capture card that i've ever bought.

Do these cards give you TV-out as standard to view your compositions on a TV while editing or is this left to your graphics card?

I'm looking to build a dual screen system, with something like a parhelia card in, so maybe the question is moot anyway.

Hadn't thought about the realtime MPEG2 capture. Useful for building DVDs from all those VHS tapes eh? Might even be worth the extra money just for the time saved there i think.

Blog Entries

That would certainly be my main reason for investing in a card. However, and although my PC is over a year old now, it encodes to MPEG2 pretty darn quick and the matrox card would insignificantly boost that speed. Given the price of the card, I'd stronglt urge you to hunt out a demo rig so u can see for yourself what you'll be getting. Just don't ask me where you'll find such a rig LOL!

You're right Marc, I would certainly want to see a test rig up and running to make sure.

I've spotted this system http://tinyurl.com/2dlpk and wondered at the dual monitor aspect of it. Is the GeForce F5600 a dual monitor card? It uses the term 'Dual Head', is that the same thing? Even the Nvidia web site doesn't seem to want to answer that one. Or at least I can't find the answer. Perhaps that just means it doesn't though.