Thread: Holiday movie: Biscarosse 2003

Default Holiday movie: Biscarosse 2003

Just a holiday movie, you can see it at my site:
    http://www.crazylenny.tk
    it's the Biscarosse section you want to see...

its filmed with a sony tvr33 minidv camcorder
    and edited with adobe premiere 6.5

codec is windows media 9
    and duration is 19 minutes

give me your comments!
    thx in advance

Crazy Lenny

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..."

Blog Entries

Big download

Much Dutch is, ahem, non-existant, so I can't really comment on the dialogue, but if you want my humble opinion I'd consider the following:

If you're showing your video to people you don't know, they're not gonna get that comedy value of seeing themselves and friends on video. So for a home movie to be watchable, it needs to be short, well edited and punchy. For example the drinking game at the start could have been cut down to around 30 seconds or so showing a rapid decline in your friends' soberness! That kind of footage is also good for split screens as you go around the group. You might also want to think about how much you zoomed in on people - and cut away as you zoom in on people for a better effect.

Your friends will love the long version, but you've gotta be ruthless in versions you're gonna show to people you don't know so well.

The water-ski footage is another example of where you could show off your video editing talents but making someone that was awful look good, and someone that's good look poor... I'd also try and avoid inserting blank video as it splits up the scene...

Just a few thoughts. The only way to learn is through practice and it seems you had fun making the video

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    If you're showing your video to people you don't know, they're not gonna get that comedy value of seeing themselves and friends on video.
    The video was intended only for the people who went along on this holiday, and also for a few others who are all good friends, so they will understand the drinking game and the dialogues because they know each other very well.

You might also want to think about how much you zoomed in on people - and cut away as you zoom in on people for a better effect.
    Unfortunately, I'm not the one that's been doing the filming, it was someone else, and he was more often drunk than sober, so so much for the zooming parts

Just a few thoughts. The only way to learn is through practice and it seems you had fun making the video
    Very much appreciated. I definitely had a great time making the video.

PS: the waterskiing part was meant as a crash-compilation, because no one was really good at waterskiing (except for the wakeboarder, he is a professional water skier, former European champion by the way ).

Nice intro, how did you made it?

in a special program?

Default Very enjoyable

Lenny, I almost didn't watch it, but now I am glad that I did. Marc Peters said that you were speaking Dutch....were you? Wherever you're from, you folks seem much friendlier and cooler than Americans. (at least the ones in Pennsylvania.

If you are in the Netherlands...do you happen to know a Lars Proffitlich?? Probably not.

Anyway, I was really blown away because whoever was recording during the drinking game sounded exactly like me. It was cool to hear me speak your language. I'd like to hear some details about you and your friends, such as what your video text said and what kinds of occupations your friends have.

Jason

P.S. You have beautiful women over there.

Blog Entries

Think he was from Belgium Unfortunately he signed in as a guest...