Thread: Cant load video back to my cam.

Default Cant load video back to my cam.

I'm new to this and have run in to my first problem. I can't find out how to copy my video from the p.c. back to my camera.
    I have a JVC miniDV camera I'm using a firewire to transfer the video to the computer. I have it connected to the DV IN/OUT port on the camera. It down loads fine and I and was abble to edit it with out any trouble. But when I try to copy it back to the camera I get a blue screen that says DV IN in red on it.
    But it doesn't copy anything to the tape.

What is the model number of your JVC camera and are you sure it has DV-In, I know not all models have, some just have DV-Out, especially the ones at the lower price.

It definitely says DV IN/OUT on it. I have the manual that tells how to do it but it doesn't work.

You're supposed to put the unit in play back mode and depress the record button. Then when the DV IN appears on the screen push the record button again and it will record.

I've tried it with windows movie maker and videowave 3 . I even tried the jlp software that came with the camera .

Maybe I should try the s cable hook up?

The model is a GR-DVL805
    Last edited by SBWEB; 06-15-2006 at 05:24 PM.

It's unfortunate you can't get your DV-In to work. I don't know what JVC's instruction manuals are like these days but have you checked the Troubleshooting section at the back or failing that go onto JVC's website and see if they have any files on there you can read to try and solve your problem or maybe send an email off to them and (hopefully) you will get a reply, but don't expect one as most companies are terrible at responding. They take your hard earned money and then leave you high and dry when a problem arises.