Thread: Grandma goes flying!

Default Grandma goes flying!

I took my mother flying in my Ultralight (her first time) and we put together this short using a song "Ground Control to Major Tom - D. Bowie" she always thought would be good in one of my flying videos. My son Spencer plays "Ground Control", I play "Major Tom" and my mum plays herself - Grandma.

http://www.emuvideo.com/videos.php?page=trike20060610

Enjoy,

Damien

P.S. It was thrown together in an afternoon, so the green screen'ing in After Effects is a little shoddy in places, but didn't have the time to perfect it.

Great video.Your Mum likes to fly eh? lol she looked great with that helmet on.

3. Default

What a great job! Good balance in every which way! Tastefull!

Red face Slow download

I’m getting less than 20kb/sec, it’ll take me a day to download – must be my machine. Incidentally, the Bowie number is called ‘Space Oddity’.

A fine use of the music and voiceovers! The concept is inspired!

What type of ultralight is that you are using? I have watched a bunch of your videos and I am thinking that it looks like another obsession I could aspire to!

Great job!

Blog Entries

Wow - 'thrown together in an afternoon' - Wow again. That was inspired and really made me LOL, and I am grumpy this pm after working a night shift.

Top video. Showing the olden in the sky would have been cool, adding the story and the baby makes it ultracool.

No criticisms at all !

Tony A - thanks for the clarrification.

Makotosun - the ultralight is basically a powered hang glider - in america they refer to them as trikes for their 3 wheel base. Ultimately though it is a big hang glider wing designed to carry a carriage/motor and passengers. It's definetly fun and not so expensive if fly a bare bones machine like mine.

Mark W - yes an afternoon. We got back from the flight, then thought of the idea as we uploaded the footage. I ran back to the airport to get the helmet while Spencer slept and threw him in front of the green screen after his nap (so he was in a good mood for 10 minutes. Loaded it into after effects and picked the best bits to overlay on the video. For the voice over, I just called my home phone from my mobile and put it on speaker and recorded it through the Webcam mic, sounds just like your talking in air!

Cheers all,

Damien

Blog Entries

It's great when it all just comes together like that.

Mark W, just watched your show reel. Great silhoutte of the Punk's head from low angle. Cheap Whores.... there must be a catch.. (or should i say "THEY" must be a catch).

Blog Entries

Ha, thanks. That punk head shot is one of my all time fav shots. I still worry about shooting into the sun like that but so far I havent done any damage to any cameras. As for the cheap whores.... http://www.zaskarfilms.com/filmPages/eastvileadpage.htm