Thread: Audio upmixing not allowed error while building DVD

Default Audio upmixing not allowed error while building DVD

I have created a motion menu background from a still and added a sound clip for effect but when I try to build the DVD prem pro 2.0 gives the error Audio upmixing is not allowed, and cancels the operation.
    Can any one cast any light on this?
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

In a single VTS DVD authoring package, all video must be the same format ( ie - 720x576) and the audio must be in the same format and bit rate (ie LPCM, MP1-2 or AC3). This applies to a movie and it's menu(s).

Post Edit - Google searching with 'premier pro 2.0 "audio upmixing"' resulted in this Adobe link
    Last edited by Crusty; 06-12-2006 at 03:06 AM.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty
    In a single VTS DVD authoring package, all video must be the same format ( ie - 720x576) and the audio must be in the same format and bit rate (ie LPCM, MP1-2 or AC3). This applies to a movie and it's menu(s).

Post Edit - Google searching with 'premier pro 2.0 "audio upmixing"' resulted in this Adobe link
    Thanks Crusty for your input, I had already used the link off Google with very disappointing results. I must be doing something wrong.
    I tried the surecode encoder and that completely scrambled the program.
    I saved it to the hard drive and ran it with powerdvd, the music played and the motion was there but every time you clicked on the menu it changed from full screen to expanded screen. Then it switched to the last submenu, then to the fourth chapter of the first submenu, so I scrubbed that and started again. I used the new sequence method and that returned the same error message. With the motion menu it builds fine add 10 seconds on audio to the motion menu and it all falls down. I'll just go with the motion menu and do a little more studying before I try this again. Thanks again for your help.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Hmm.. that term 'Upmixing' makes me think they might mean the problem may be in converting your 10 second audio up to the same format as your movie's audio. This means if your clip is mono and some lower bit rate like 44.1kb/S, Premier may not be able to upmix to stereo and 48kb/S. Or it may be a stereo to 5.1 channel surround sound problem.

If this is the problem, you'll need to convert your 10 second clip externally.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty
    Hmm.. that term 'Upmixing' makes me think they might mean the problem may be in converting your 10 second audio up to the same format as your movie's audio. This means if your clip is mono and some lower bit rate like 44.1kb/S, Premier may not be able to upmix to stereo and 48kb/S. Or it may be a stereo to 5.1 channel surround sound problem.

If this is the problem, you'll need to convert your 10 second clip externally.
    I have checked all the timeline audio, the original is all 48000Hz, however the additional audio files , some replacing the original and some overlaying it vary from 22050Hz to 44100Hz. They are causing no problems and I can build the dvd with them and it works fine. I have reformatted the 10 clip to 48000Hz but the out come is the same, I get the error when building.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Brus
    I have checked all the timeline audio, the original is all 48000Hz, however the additional audio files , some replacing the original and some overlaying it vary from 22050Hz to 44100Hz. They are causing no problems and I can build the dvd with them and it works fine. I have reformatted the 10 clip to 48000Hz but the out come is the same, I get the error when building.
    Brus
    SUCCESS !!!!
    I have a funny feeling that it was a combination of my computer, O.S and or Prem Pro 2.0. The settings I altered did not have any effect, so I altered the default settings to 5.1 and selected 5 audio tracks and I then saved it to another name. It worked like a charm. Two problems arose one was just waiting 3 hours 26 minutes for it to encode and write the DVD and the other came when I shut down Prem Pro 2.0 I got an error message appeared
    "The instruction at "0x7c3ca4e0" referenced memory at "0x08383e80". The memory cannot be read.
    It must be my computer or XP pro sp2.
    Thanks anyway Crusty your help was appreciated.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers