Thread: Anyone know how to.....

Default Anyone know how to.....

Hi does anyone know how to change angles, I see some videos and they change to a different angle, I can't do that..I can only move the camera help!?

2. Default

Move the camera or have more than one. What in the world do you mean?

The software you use will no doubt have settings for rotation, if this is what you want, but video is a 2D media so changing camera angles can only be done by moving the camera.

If you change the angle within the editing software the picture will distort.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Hmm I don't know how to explain it, you know on tv, say the people filming the world cup matches, they'll have lots of different views, like one of someone kicking the ball and one of an aerial shot or something, but with my webcam I can't do that I can only move continuously, is anyone with me here?

Blog Entries

...they have more than one camera

Oh no, can I do it with one camera? I can't afford 1 let alone 2

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the cut edit.

Think laterally dude. Film from one angle, then film from the other. In post production cut out the "bit where you're moving" so that you end up with a change in angles.

Welcome to the cut edit.

Does your webcam record audio aswell? If it does, and you want to keep a continious soundtrack then you will have to shoot some cutaways to cover the parts of the video only that you cut out when you move the camera from one position to another, do you have any editing software?