Thread: Please Help Me!!

Default Please Help Me!!

Hi, i have Adobe Premier Elements 2.0. I also have a sony DVD camcorder. when i put the footage from the video camera on to adobe it has a green stripe all down the right hand side....(this only happens to the footage from my DVD cam, all the footage fro mother cameras work fine) If anyone knows how to take the green stripe away and make it just the recorded video it would be very helpfull.
    Thanks alot.

That sound symptomatic of a dirty head. Get you self, if you haven't already got one, a Mini DV tapoe head cleaner and run that through your camera a couple of times. See if it helps. If it's a playback probnlem then this might solve it. If the dirty head caused the recording to be bad then you'll just have to live with it.

Um, Alan? He has a DVD Camcorder not a tape camcorder.

brandon0000: I "think" this has something to do with the DVD camcorder and the way they record. If you try using a program like Adobe to edit it it does this. I could be wrong on this though, but I do remember reading something about the DVD camcorders not being the best to get if you plan on doing any editing of your videos.

Dave

i believe alan was slightly drunk on that post.... lol
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Has this mysterious green stripe appeared on all of your DVD Discs? Is the one you are talking about in your post damaged, scratched or is it an unbranded one? Then again, the problem could be with Adobe, the files you recorded onto the DVD disc are either VOB or someother format Adobe has a problem using and they may need to be converted to AVI (which Adobe just loves) before you can work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by grewell912
    i believe alan was slightly drunk on that post.... lol
    Hic! Washat you shay?

Seriously though. I switched off when I read green stripe and compared to my own experience of stripes like that. My bad!
    Last edited by Alan Mills; 06-15-2006 at 07:22 PM.

I would tend to agree on this one. I have found problems when I have a client bring me footage recorded on those programs. depending on the type of camera and the method for which it records them the files need to be converted to AVI for premiere. the once I have incoutnered record in Mpeg and one of them was already in VOB format too. So it depends on how brandon converted his file to AVI. it might be that programs conversion problem. atleast from what I have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by viperfour
    Um, Alan? He has a DVD Camcorder not a tape camcorder.

brandon0000: I "think" this has something to do with the DVD camcorder and the way they record. If you try using a program like Adobe to edit it it does this. I could be wrong on this though, but I do remember reading something about the DVD camcorders not being the best to get if you plan on doing any editing of your videos.

Dave