Thread: Project too big to fit on HARD DRIVE!!!

Default Project too big to fit on HARD DRIVE!!!

I have created a project to write to a DVD and Prem Pro 2 says it is too big to fit on a 4.7 DVD. If I can save it to the hard drive I can shrink it down with dvd shrink. So I tried to save it to a folder on a 300gig hard drive and it says it is still too BIG. The video is 1 hour and 14 minutes long.
    Can any one tell me how to save this file with prem pros menus included.
    I tried to render it but on preview there were no menus.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

When you get the burn DVD window up, click on the settings tab, I can't remember which one it is now, and lower the quality settings. I think it's at something like 7 or 8 Mb per sec, well drop this to a lower number and also change from Constant Bit Rate to Variable Bit Rate. As far as I can remember, there is a slider with either 7 or 5 at the far side well pull this slider to the left to make the number smaller aswell.

Default Project too big to fit on a 300gig hard drive

Thanks Nikosony, your memory serves you very well. I was using CBR 1 pass so I changed it to VBR 2 passes and it worked fine. I then remembered why I was using 1 pass CBR. It took an age to render and encode but the result is fine. These menus in Prem pro 2 are great. I was just testing them, I had set 22 dvd markers and PP2 produced one main menu and four sub-menus, the first three had six menu buttons on and the last had four. They all linked with no errors at all, it's brilliant.
    Thanks again Nikosony.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

I know what it feels like when you get to the very last stage of your production and you want to burn your movie to DVD and then the software throws you a curve ball. Glad I was able to help.

I had a similar problem when I was trying to juggle three hours of footage on a smallish hard drive.

The only way I could work it is to break ity down to managable sizes and compress what I was not using using WINZIP.

Mark

www.onlinevideosolutions.co.uk
    Last edited by MStrutt; 07-11-2006 at 07:06 PM.

Mark: you may want to edit your signature - not everyone is as persistent as me and notices the reason your web site can't be found is due to a typo. Oh, and the word is 'degradation'...
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...