Thread: Avid VS Adobe and Education

Default Avid VS Adobe and Education

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post but I've been reading through the conversations for about a week or so.

But I actually have a few questions that I thought I would pose.

First off, I was wondering what software I should be focusing on. I've used Adobe Premiere for a few years but I would still consider myself a noob when it comes to editing as it's been touch and go. My cousin works as an editor for a television network in Toronto Canada (MuchMusic) and he suggests learning Avid and only Avid. But, I also hear that I should learn Premiere inside and out. Just not sure who's advice I should listen to.

Secondly, I am from Canada and am currently enrolled at Wilfred Laurier University completing my undergraduate in Communication Studies. After completing my degree, I want to do a post graduate diploma course specifically in 'New Media' or video editing. There are a few courses in Canada that I've looked into but I was wondering if anyone knows of some good schools in the US that would offer an equivelent to a post-graduate diploma in Canada.

Any and all information regarding both of these topics would be greatly appreciated and once I get some more work under my belt, I'll gladly show it to you all. You all are so talented! Keep up the good work.

- Daniel Egan

I say premiere. It is the best thing i have come across, and even though it was a bit hard to use at first, and looks a bit complicated, after a few weeks it could do everything i wanted it to do. When i tried Pinnacle Studio 9 it was pants compared to Premiere. I havn't heard of Avid before but I would still reccomend Premiere.

WOAH! :o I have just seen a screenshot of Avid and &%$?! that looks good I am completely undecided now, i am even considering getting Avid......

I know. Avid looks pretty slick and as I've said, I've heard many good things about it from professionals...

Anymore information would be great!

where can i get a trial of avid xpress pro is this the editing 1 ?