Thread: Making me dizzy

Default Making me dizzy

Ok so hi all,

new to forums and ive signed up because im having trouble in Premiere pro 2.

Im working on a project in 3D animation using various 3D packages and importing all files into premiere as BMP or PNG frames which has gone very nice and the whole thing is looking great. around 5 minutes long and its for my demo reel.

anyhow, a couple of shots in the movie appear to be bobbing up and down when viewed in the player window in premier and after rendering out to file or even DVD. ive tried deleting and re-adding them but still the same thing, if i view these shots in an external viewer such as vdub they look absolutely fine and steady. it only appears that they do this in premiere. could it be a interlace thing going on? its kinda got me and im now almost at the finish line on this project after approx 5 months work so im trying to work around this rather than make more work for myself.. any ideas.. its just 2 or 3 shots in the whole composition.. everything else is fine...

they are both a series of approx 400 BMP frames

Thanks

Graham

Try this

Right click the .BMP file and choose interpret footage, and check pixel shape and aspect ratio matches your project settings.

Just a thought. I hope I'm wrong cos you might need to do it 400 times. ;o)

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

im fine on those fronts, pixel aspect ratio and everything else is set the same throughout the composition. done some more examing now and it appears that the images bob up and down only in the preview window in premiere and after burning to a dvd using premiere. if i export it to a .avi then everything is fine.. maybe i should use an external program to get my demo reel onto a dvd.. ideas? oh and thanks for the reply

seen this problem before, when you export it should be fine, try getting adobe encore to put your reel on a dvd. (it will make it look 10x more professional anyways). FCP does this also with still sometimes as well, not sure why
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Thats cool, i can do that, i have a friend who has encore so i'll take it to them, So the general idea is to put it in encore i should export it from premiere as an uncompressed MS avi file? is this the best setting?

Thanks for your time

Graham.

If i were you i would go with DV Compression. You won't notice anything, and it will save you some space....
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by grewell912
    If i were you i would go with DV Compression. You won't notice anything, and it will save you some space....
    Thanks for that, the file size is a great deal less for my project by doing that.

One final problem i need to get ironed out is that there seems to be a great deal of aliasing in my video, its not in the footage before i add it to my project in premiere then in the preview window immideatly and in the final render there is a considerable amount of aliasing in most but not all of the shots im using. before i started on this project i opened premiere and looked at the ratio options and decided on using 720x480 to render out my cg work. pixel aspect was set to 1 in every shot ive done so all frames are consistent. when i look in premiere at the clip properties it says the aspect is .9, im sure this is causing the aliasing problem or something to do with interlacing or lack of it but do not know how to fix.

could anyone shed some light on this? its like looking at the finish line of 5 months work but not being allowed to cross it

Many thanks

Graham