Thread: Vegas 6.0a PIP problem

Unhappy Vegas 6.0a PIP problem

How can I move the picture on the overlay track to appear where I want it in the main track. I've tried the zoom and pan stuff, but nothing seems to work to get it to appear say, in one corner or the other. ideally, I'd like to start maybe in the middle and slide it to one corner. Nothing seems to work, though.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Cool

On the top video track (at the end of the clip) click on "Event pan/crop", around your video in the box that appears you will see 8 boxes around the video picture. Left click and drag the box "outwards" this makes the video appear smaller, you can then place it anywhere over the other video track. To make it move you will notice a couple of bars at the bottom, you want to use the "position" and add key frames, the best way is to try it out and play with this facility as it is quite easy to sus out.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Thanks, it was a little more complicated than it sounded and there are a lot of things that are never explained in either the help files or in the tip balloons. But I did eventually figure it out.

The shadow feature is OK, but what I would really like is to be able to blur the edges on the overlaid video.

The cropping tool leaves bit to be desired, too. Better would be to draw a marquee around what you want and have it drop out everything else. And expanding the handles to shrink the image is a bit counter-intuitive. It seems this is a great design but very badly documented and with a poor user interface.

I'm getting my money back. Overall, the program sucks,
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.

Blog Entries

Sirman. All the bits you want are in 'Track Motion'. You can place the track anywhere on the screen at any size, move it wherever you want, blur edges in or out or both, draw a marquee and select positive or negative selection and the list goes on. Look in the help under `Track Motion`.

I also struggled for a while with pan/crop. You have to remember you are sizing the frame in relation to the picture and not the picture itself but persevere with Vegas and spend time learning it and use this and other similar forums and you will se the benefits.

Ian