Thread: Sync audio with video recorded on two devices...

Angry Sync audio with video recorded on two devices...

hey guys. just recently recorded a graduation and I had a lap top that was getting a direct feed fromt he audio boards. all worked well, I got the video fine and the audio ont he laptop is great. however, as I suspected and auditorium was so huge that I picked up lots of background noise that I can't edit out in audition. Now my question would be, how do I actualy go about getting the audio from the laptop to syn cup witht he video properly.

I started and the beginning of the footage and sinced up very well the audio however when I get to the end of the footage it is also off. is there a better way to do this. I just played both audio steams and adjusted them downt he time line till I didn't hear any echo from them. is this the only way to do this? Thanks in advance for all your help guys...

Adobe video suite CS2 - Matrox RT.x100 - Sony DCR-VX1000

Thats the equipment I am using.

Nick

Some possible clues answers here? http://forum.matrox.com/rtx100/viewt...ght=audio+sync

Respectfully to the users on this forum. Although a few of have the Matrox RTx100 card there are even less of us able to diagnose techy issues with it. Always best top hit the Matrox forums themselves with techy issues when that card is involved. The Matrox forums are as good as Matrox Support as they are run by and frequented by support staff.

I am sorry, I don't think I made my question clear enough. the problem was not int eh capture to my understanding. it just how to take the audio recorded from a seperate device (the laptop) and sync it up with the video recored and captured by the camera. Does that make more since?

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

What I do, and it's hardly overly technical spo maybe there is a more 'official' method out there, is to drag and drop the video and the audio to the timeline.

Stretch the audo vertically in the timeloine so I can see the waveform. Find a suitable audio 'cue' that is matchable in the video (a single clap maybe?) and then move the audio to line up with the video. I find this much easier when I can see the waveform. Sometimes it's convenient to line up equivalent waveforms from that on the video itself.

once lined up, unsync the original audio track with the video and remove it. Then 'join' the new one with the video so that they move together.

I appreciate this is more awkward as an event videographer. I make 'movies' and I fast learned to appreciate what a clapper board is for

Thumbs up

thnaks worlds for the input I figured thats what I would have to resort to. turns out I just re captured the video footage. the new stuff capture with about 35 more frames than the one I was trying to sync the audio with. so that was my problem. but I tried it again witht he new footage and it worked fine. I did it your way and worked like a champ. I used a guy screaming out in the audience as my check point. thanks again for all the help. one of these days maybe I will be able to help someone in return. who know. bah.

Nick Sanders