Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who the hell are you? (The 10k Competition)

Blog Entries

Default Who the hell are you? (The 10k Competition)

Who the hell are you?
    (The 10k Competition)

Summer means only one thing for Digital Director die hards - the VideoForums annual video contest. We've listened to what you've said and this year we're encouraging you to enter by keeping it simple. Documentaries, dramas, comedies, spoofs (and yes, even skating videos), it really doesn't matter providing it fits with the theme "Who the hell are you?", oh, and no longer than 6m 40 seconds. Why 6m 40s? Well here's the genius - that's 10k frames of lovely PAL footage. Why 10k frames? Why not?

Entries will be judged by a panel of experienced video makers and the results will be announced on the 4th September 2006.

Just to stop any arguements we thought we'd lay out a few simple rules.

1. Closing Date 30th July 2006
    2. Maximum running time, including titles and credits: 6 mins 40 seconds.
    3. The video can be in any format, and must be available to view without subscription on the internet, either on a video hosting site (eg Putfile, Youtube etc) or elsewhere.
    4. The video may not have been produced before 1st June 2006* and a link, or the address of the site where the video can be seen, must be posted on Videoforums in the "Competition" section before midnight on 30th July 2006.
    5. The Judges decision is final.

* In other words, we don't want entries which have already been made and just re-named and re-submitted for this competition.

How to enter
    To join in the fun and enter a video, simply start a new thread in this section with a link to your video. Simple.

Entrants should bear in mind that points will be awarded for originality and the relevance to the theme but, mainly, on their editing & video-making skills. Entries will be judge by a panel of Videoforums moderators and members. Details of prizes will be announced shortly.

If there's anything you don't agree with, then don't enter the competition!

For the Judges
    Judges must be moderators and have submitted an entry to be eligible to vote. After 1st August, those eligible to vote can submit ONE voting selection to the administrator as follows. (Read this bit carefully)
    You have ten points to award, but can only award a maximum of five points to an individual entry. So, for example, you could give five points to your first choice, three to your second, two points to your third. If you had two favourites you could give them both five points, and so on. Once you've submitted your votes to Marc, they can't be altered. No votes will be made public, or posted anywhere.

Final day for voting is the 30th August (which means that any votes not arrived by midnight on 31st August won't be counted ).

Usual gentlemen's rules including: Don't vote for your own entry, base your marks on the video not on friendship etc. etc. etc. but we're all adults and, at the end of the day, it's about having fun, so... 'nuff said.

Edit: End date for submition extended cos it got all hot here in the UK. All dates pushed back by a month, so get 'em in before the end of August.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 07-22-2006 at 04:50 PM.

Are we allowed to make it about some one else?

Blog Entries

Entrants should bear in mind that points will be awarded for originality and the relevance to the theme but, mainly, on their editing & video-making skills.

It's up to you how you interpret the theme.

Blog Entries

Any goodies for a prize ?

The competitition sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    Any goodies for a prize ?

The competitition sounds great.
    As I said before, I have a copy of Adobe Audition v1 that's licenced that I have no further use for. So if Adobe have a mechanism for transfer of licences then I'm happy to donate that as a prize b tu with a caveat...

We must have a decent number of entries this time. I'm thinking in terms of +20 entrants before I make the donation.

Unless, of course, someone wants to make me an offer before I commit it as a prize...

Blog Entries

One prize is a complete set of posers clothing: "Arri" cameraman's trousers, Dedolight and Arri shirts and Panavision baseball cap.
    Another prize is a copy of "Directing Film" by Ken Russell.

Obviously as more entries come in... more prizes will be sought out.

hey Guru,

Should I read that as "A dedolight" or as "a dedolight shirt"?

And also...

Anyone who doesn't enter will get an autographed print of McGill. That should tempt the enties to come flooding in for sure...

Blog Entries

Okay, it should read a "dedolight shirt" but...

If there are sufficient entries of a good enough standard... Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    As I said before, I have a copy of Adobe Audition v1 that's licenced that I have no further use for. So if Adobe have a mechanism for transfer of licences then I'm happy to donate that as a prize b tu with a caveat...

We must have a decent number of entries this time. I'm thinking in terms of +20 entrants before I make the donation.

Unless, of course, someone wants to make me an offer before I commit it as a prize...

Since your in the UK here you go:
    http://www.adobe.com/uk/support/service/transowner.html

Application Form:
    http://www.adobe.com/uk/support/serv...s/ToL_EMEA.pdf

Dave

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Who the hell are you?
    (The 10k Competition)

"Who the hell are you?", oh, and no longer than 6m 40 seconds. Why 6m 40s? Well here's the genius - that's 10k frames of lovely PAL footage. Why 10k frames? Why not?
    This is discrimination. My camera is NTSC (Never The Same Color) - smile

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast