Thread: circling things

Default circling things

Hi! Sorry, me again.

I've been looking through the posts and you all seem knowldegable people - so I was wondering any of you could reccomend an easier way of doing something.

If you had a shot of a jobs section, and freeze the section then draw a big red circle around one of the jobs (like a pen line) - whats the best way to do this.

I normally frame hold, then export the frames and do it in photoshop bit by bit like an animation - but this seems massivly time consuming and I'm sure there must be an easier way of doing it in one of the Adobe packages (Photoshop/After Effects/Premiere Pro)

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I'm sure there is a 'correct' way of doing it in After Effects but you could always try this first in Premiere.

It's not in front of me so I hope it comes as a standard transition but what you want is a gradient wipe that takes a mono gradient to work from. Pixelan do a good one and you can create your own 'wipes'.

So create a gradient that runs in a circle and use that to 'transition' a still containing your circle into the picture.

You could use the standard clock wipe transition for a similar effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Thanks a lot!

Having had a played around with radial wipes etc I have managed it - however I did also find that you can draw on a layer with the paint brush and it records it in real time.

This would word great if you had a graphics tablet - but not so hot if you have only a mouse (unless you are exceptionally skilled in drawing with a mouse)

You can do it by opening the layer (double click on it in the timeline) selecting the brush tool and then in the paint pallette select "Write On" in the Duration pop up menu.

Then all you have to do is draw what you want to draw onto layer, then watch it back.