Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The World's First Stock Footage Community- Sell your footage!

Default The World's First Stock Footage Community- Sell your footage!

Revolution Stock Media is the world's first stock footage community of it's kind. Almost a year of research and development has gone into providing a world class web experience for our Producers and our consumers!

$15 NTSC/PAL
    $25 HD 720
    $35 HD 1080

With our streamlined/automated application, submission and encoding process it is possible to have your footage uploaded and ready to sell in one day.

All previews are encoded into flash, making previewing your submissions easier than ever.

Plus, take the RevoStock.com producer challenge. Upload the most footage in a month, or the most creative submissions, and win a video iPOD!

Check out our site for yourself to see the RevoStock difference.

Join the revolution! Revolution Stock Media. http://www.revostock.com

Blog Entries

YASFWS (Yet Another Stock Footage Website). Dude, I see so many posts from stock footage sites claiming to be completely different from all the others... truth is, our readers simply aren't the audience you're looking for.

Blog Entries

Ditto from me.

Default Rebuttal :)

Hey guys. Well I totally understand your point. I know stock footage sites are a dime a dozen and it seems like every day someone is creating another one. I hope that you will at least take a look at ours though. We would love to know if there is another community based footage site out there with the same pricing, setup and features. We created RevoStock.com because we haven't found one yet.

These 3 items together make us different:

1. Stock footage prices that are actually affordable for everyone. There are very few high quality sites that sell NTSC and PAL footage for $15 much less HD for $25.
    2. Our site is totally community based. Meaning, we aren't just a stock footage site, but are set up to be a community of creators, shooters, producers from all over the world who come together, share ideas, learn and sell their footage all in one place.
    3. We celebrate our producers. Most stock footage sites, if they do resell footage, the creator of the footage goes anonymous. On our site, the creator has their own profile page with portfolio. Coming soon is their own blog as well. Their own user name is connected with every piece of footage they upload. Not only are you selling your footage, but you are building your own online portfolio/demo reel! We don't want to take the credit for footage you shoot. Plus, our automated submission system is amazingly intuitive making it easier than ever for our producers to get their footage online.

There actually is much much more though.

I don't mean to say we are for everybody by any means, but do think people will see some differences when they check us out.

Either way, thanks for the chance to "pimp" or link!

Craig L.
    RevoStock.com

Like so many sites, this one doesn't actually have anything interesting; when it does have something online, it'll be the same as all the others.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt there a rpoblem with all this. Surely stock footage needs to be very professionally shot on very good equipment or it is worthless..... Hence the prices often charged.

Surely a 'roll your own' collection of stock footage will be for the most part unsaleable rubbish ?

Default No rubbish allowed :)

Quote: Correct me if I am wrong but isnt there a rpoblem with all this. Surely stock footage needs to be very professionally shot on very good equipment or it is worthless..... Hence the prices often charged.

Surely a 'roll your own' collection of stock footage will be for the most part unsaleable rubbish ?

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Mark. Well, all of our footage is screened before it is accepted and posted to the site. It must be shot on a prosumer or better camera. It won't be unsaleable rubbish any more than the footage shot with the thousands upon thousands of Canon, Panasonic, JVC prosumer+ cameras produce rubbish. These are cameras you see used in broadcast daily. Not to mention users of the Panasonic HVX200 who are now shooting full HD for around $5000. The site definitely is not a free for all where someone can post consumer level footage or footage that is poorly shot or composed.

The site isn't for everyone, but rather for the thousands upon thousands of people using these type of cameras or better who want to have an outlet to sell their footage, but also want to be able to purchase footage at reasonable prices.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks!

Craig L.
    RevoStock.com

Default Yes, ASFS (Another Stock Footage Site)

Visit our website at: www.motiondrops.com
    Last edited by Motiondrops; 09-17-2007 at 05:45 PM.

I've already seen so many stock footage site. Many stock footage site have capture footages professionally. Hence the price. But some sucked and yet they are still charging. what has the world become? lol

10. Default

i think the fact is that the people on this forum are, in the majority, actively shooting their own footage and films and as such will never even think about needing any stock footage. plus if they already had footage and did happen to need some footage which they could not film themselves, the lighting, colours and style would probably not match - and thats not good!

my point - stock footage sites are crap, unless you are a film maker without a camera.

- rant over -

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast