Thread: School Project

Arrow School Project

At school we just got our IST (information software tech) assignment in which we had to shoot a vid and edit it ONLY in move maker. We are doing a sketch/skit comedy type vid and have already progressed with some kickarse 1337 efx. Now we are stuck in a part and would be highly appreciated if anyone helped. For a skit we need a person falling from they sky whilst we are talkin. For this my mates had an idea of taking pics of the person we wanna make fall and then frame by frame puttin it into the scenes frames using photoshop. Is there an easier way and/or other ideas? Thanks

There are a number of ways you could do this, depending on what hardware and software you have. Is Windows Movie Maker the only software you have access to? You could use a shop window dummy and dress it up or just video the sky, do a completely black outline of a person in Photoshop and try and animate it so it looks like it is falling, it's a pity you don't have access to blue screen where you could have someone lying on two stools with the bluescreen behind them, in editing you would replace the blue with a sky background and get a large electric fan to blow their hair and clothes and make it look like they are falling.

I think this is a rotoscope job. You could film our friend just balenced on the kitchen table then edit it frame by frame in CS.
    Last edited by LukeD; 06-01-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Doesn't this:

Quote Originally Posted by darshil
    we had to shoot a vid and edit it ONLY in move maker.
    Contradict this:

Quote Originally Posted by darshil
    then frame by frame puttin it into the scenes frames using photoshop
    Perhaps you're being a tad too ambitious? Why not try a different approach? I'm sure your school has a trampoline as part of the gym equipment. Blag this and bounce one your mates up and down on his/her stomach (jump up and then fall onto your stomach). Film this, makring sure you get the angle so that the trampoline is out of sight (a low angle would be good as it will accentuate height).

In post, cut from the falling man to people looking up (again accentuating height), then cut back to the person lying on the floor. No rotoscoping, all editing done in Movie Maker.

Arrow Thanks

Thanks that really helped.
    PS: srry i forgot to mention we are allowed to use some image editin program. srry
    Thanks x10

Nikosony: Thanks for the idea. Well we could always sneak in some otehr apps lol. update: we asked the teacher and he said : we can use any app (for our group) but we hav to tell him how to do it. It would be appreciated if u could gimme some more ideas thanks

Blog Entries

Or you could do your own homework

Blog Entries

Sometimes a special effect in a film can be very hard to create and add little.

Perhaps you could film the person about to fall, then a look of horror on an obervors face then a shot from high up of the person on the ground as they have landed, add a scream, job done.

People can read the language of film and will unbderstnad what has happened.

In the clip you can see this effect very inexpertly done. This is in a film that I edited for a bunch of kids, it was all written and filemed on the fly in 2 hours so it is very rough but I think you can see what I mean.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/Temp/fallclip.wmv