Thread: what mpeg type for ulead workshp

1. Default what mpeg type for ulead workshp

I convert using Tmpgenc to mpeg2 then burn with ulead wrkshp 2. but ulead converts again? the file made by tmpgenc is 4 gig. Ulead will only burn using th 90 minute selection, becasue the 60 is to big(7 gig). if the file to be burned is 4 gig and the dvd is 4.7 gig why would i need to convert or compress. What is Ulead converting? OR what is the best settings to use in Tmpgenc so Ulead won't have to do anything but burn.

Make sure the "Convert Compliant File" option is unchecked before you compile the DVD. This will bypass converting all DVD legal files.

I am not sure where the option is in your version, last time I checked it was at the last step on the dialogue box where you select options for making the DVD.

3. Default

add convered files to lib? maybe.

4. Default

I see what you are reffering to "convert to disc template" but its not uncheckable

5. Default

i found this

""

Go to the Edit page and load your mpeg file. In the upper left click on the Video tab. Down at the bottom of the list you will find a box labeled Convert to disk template. If the box has a grayed check mark your mpeg file is not compliant and will be rerendered to the disk template video specs. If the box is left blank you mpeg file is compliant and will NOT be rerendered. If you put a check in the box your mpeg file will be rernedered. You have that option with each mpeg file you add. If you click on the audio tab on the upper left you will find the same option for the audio track convert to disk template. If the box has a grayed check mark your audio is not compliant and will be transcoded to the disc template audio specs. If you leave the box blank the audio will not be transcoded and if you add a check the audio will be transcoded. This option is available for each audio track. I would expect the same options in the trial version. DWS2 gives you total control over the encoding. If this is not clear ask away.

- LXC

""

so back to the first question, how do you get tmpgenc to make a compliant mpg?

6. Default

this is what i use:

unlocked settings
    mpeg-2 video
    16:9
    29.97 fps
    2-pass vbr (7000)
    vbv buffer 224.
    ntsc
    4:2:0
    9 bits

This is what I see on the final step before making my disc. I have Workshop 1.2 however, dont know about other versions.

Also try bringing down your VBR setting. I use 6000. Another problem may be that .7 of the DVD is not enough to write the other .IFO and .BUP files, so it is re-encoded to shrink it down a little more.

A program called DVD Shrink is great for fitting large files onto DVD. Instead of burning the DVD from Workshop, just create the DVD directory. Then open the directory in DVD Shrink and it will compress the files to work on a 4.7GB DVD. The quality is excellent and at times hard to tell the difference.