Thread: Sound dropping out

Default Sound dropping out

Hey all you party people in the place to be. I'm new blah blah blah glad that's over with.

Recently, after going through 2 overly-fragile MiniDV camcorders, I got a new one and finally decided to do some work with some tapes from last year when I went to the UK, and make it somewhat professional with snarky commentary flashing on screen every so often, it's good stuff.

Only problem is that this current bit I'm working with now, the sound drops out completely halfway through (8:03 total, drops out at around 4:29). The video still plays, snarky commentary text and all, but the lack of sound really bothers me. I've tried re-saving it many times but it keeps having the same problem in the same place.

So. Any idea what the problem is or anything else you need to know?

Are you using Pinnacle Studio 9?

Because I have the same problem when some background music I have inserted has just randomly cut out for no reason during some film. Is your problem with background music that you have inserted or the audio recorded with the camcorder's microphone?

Dan Dee, what is the spec of your computer and are you using Firewire to connect the camera to the computer?

I use Ulead VideoStudio 4.0 SE Basic

I'm a little hazy on System Specs because I pretty much only use computers, not build/upgrade them so I'll just say what it saysin My Computer properties...

Pentium 4 Processor 1.70 GHz
    1.70 GHz, 1 GB of RAM

I'm so comp-illiterate.

this may be an obvious sugguestion - but can you actully see the waveform - does the sound play when the video clip is opened in another application?? - It may be due to the fact that the sound wasnt recored in the first place....

The sound won't play at all in any program when I make it an MPG file. The sound definitely recorded though because when I play it back on my camera or in my video ripping program, it plays fine.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Sometimes re-installing DirectX9C will restore stable video/audio operation.

There are many places it can be downloaded.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Exclamation sound woes on pinnacle

See my post on pinnacle 10 and avid vs 7
    I stated that I contacted support and they suggested that for now until 10.6 update comes out for pinnacle you need to leave a one frame space between your music in the smartsound area of the trackline. This should correct your sound woes also make sure you have the latest ASIO 2.0 compliant sound card.
    Hope this helps you out.