Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text Help!

Default Text Help!

Ok, can someone please explain to me how I can add text to a Video Clip? Like for it to just be plain and not have a backround and for it actually be able to stay instead of fade away within a couple seconds.

And also, how would I have Text With A Backround and just have it at the very bottom?

Thanks

Blog Entries

What you need to do is add another video track above your existing footage and (if you're using Vegas) is either go 'Insert' then 'Text Media' or, alternativley 'Insert' - 'Generated Media' - Text. Both ways will open a new window where you enter your desired wordage. Time can be entered manually or simply drag the clip longer on the timeline. It also gives you many options like transparent backgrounds, colour gradients, text position etc.

Alrihgt thanks alot man!

Ok this is seriously pissing me off, Vegas is so goddamn confusing and just has to be complicated.

I add the text effect and a black backround covers the screen while it shows the text.

I try changing the size of the Backround Box but it just doesn't work out. Even if I do it will still make the other sides black while the other side is a different color.

If I change the Opacity to like 70 percent it just fades.

How f-ing hard should it be to just make a simple little Rectangle that is red in the very bottom with some text in it????

>_______________________________________<

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Beling
    .....Vegas is so goddamn confusing and just has to be complicated....
    The nature of video editing is complicated. If you're finding it that hard I would suggest you try some other packages. However, if you are committed to learning a little and achieving alot, stick with it.

For your box, add another track between the text and the video. Use the Media Generator to create a solid colour background. Go to Track Motion and resize it to whatever you want. Go back to the text and align it over the box.

Blog Entries

Complicated=capable

Simple=limited

What do you mean by a different track?

Just a different video or what?

Even when I do re-size it, it will give me the size I want, but will have Black replacing what I took out of the backround.

So either way it's not really benefiting me.

Blog Entries

What do you mean by a different track?
    A new VIDEO track, just like you did for the text.

Even when I do re-size it, it will give me the size I want, but will have Black replacing what I took out of the backround.
    I really don't understand your point there. Make the box whatever colour / size combination you want. It will be on a different VIDEO track and will have no bearing on other media at all.

So either way it's not really benefiting me.
    With all due respect.... If you follow the instructions, you will achieve the result you desire and therefore benefit you completely.

Blog Entries

When I started with vegas I was recovering from seroius illness and had mucho time on my hands, all I did was edit - fiddle - edit - learn.

After 3 months of daily editing I was well on my way to being able to make the best of vegas, 3 yers on I am still learning.

Patience and practice are needed with any accomplised complex editors.

Blog Entries

To be honest we're all still learning no matter how long we use an application. First you learn the basics, then you apply your creativity and use these basic skills to build effects.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast