Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Masked Sky

Default Masked Sky

I think thats what this might be, but i would like to know how to do this effect.
    http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...24645D71AE8CA6

I think you should be able to do it in Premiere, and certainly After effects...But can some1 please help me with how to do this sky effect (Video playing in the sky video)

NOTE: I dont have After effects, so preferably Premiere.

Thanks All

P.S: if you have to, After Effects is fine aswell. thanks!!

looks like they keyed it out with blue-screening,

have your bg video in the bottom track, put the sky clip in the one above it, in elements: apply video-effect> keying> bluescreen, fiddle with settings. in 6.0 right click, transparency settings> blue screen.

you could also use a matte to take out any overlaying on the buildings/clothing etc.

You'll need a nice clear sky, but you could use a matte to deal with clouds and things aswell.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

i think its more likely to have been rotoscoped.

Sorry Luke, but if I wanted to do this I would choose the method described by bgarthp.

Certainly it could be rotoscoped but that would take days. With a clear blue sky and or a bit of garbage matting you could bluescreen this in five minutes in any version Premiere.

In fact, watching it again, it was def blue screened. You can see the clouds coming through the, less than perfect, keying at the 6 second mark, top left corner.

Nice idea though. Not sure I would have thought about it.

Thanks once again bgarthp

No worries, I noticed that cloud too, and I've done it a few times myself, you can get pretty good results, it's much easier if you use a tripod for a stationary sky shot, then a garbage matte can be used very easily.

Yah, i tryed it out with just a picture of a city and a sky, works great. What would you recommend for this effect, but its more like a car driving,looking through the window not just 1 stationary color?

Quote Originally Posted by jr1125
    Yah, i tryed it out with just a picture of a city and a sky, works great. What would you recommend for this effect, but its more like a car driving,looking through the window not just 1 stationary color?
    I tyhink that would much tougher tbh. Looking through a window it's important to still see the odd reflection or two so that it still looks like looking through a window.

yeah, I think the best way would be to shoot the video again, but with a blue or green material outside the car, so you've got something to key, with good keying you can preserve the reflections.

otherwise you'll spend ages trying to achieve the same thing with a track matte, or rotoscoping, and you might not get a great result (no reflections for instance)

Ive noticed there is a paint bucket effect. That could help a great deal possibly, if i apply a green/blue color to a certain spot and key that, that could be a good result possibly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast