Thread: My rebuttal against Holocaust revisionists...

Default My rebuttal against Holocaust revisionists...

Recently, I've been frankly p1s$ed off by a few kids at school who told me the Holocaust never happened, jokingly. I've also noticed a lot of Swaztikas being written on bathroom stalls and such, which I try to erase whenever I see them.

However, the ignorance has brought me to make this presentation detailing the atrocities committed during the Holocaust.

I plan on showing it to my history teacher, and seeing if I can get it shown at one of our school's cheezy promote peace assemblies at the end of the year.

Here it is:

Holocaust Presentation

When the link dies, please notify me, and I'll re-load it to YouSendIt.

My presentation is now available on Google video:

Sensitively done, and thoughtful. The images are quite enough to say it all. Share your grief that anyone would have the audacity to deny it happened. Nice touch to start seeing smiles when the camps were liberated.

And I agree that it’s timely to see reminders of this, even though some say it should be relegated to the past. The words “Those who forget the mistakes of the past will be condemned to repeat them,” always stick in my mind. Thanks for posting.

That's a lot of dead bodies. Enough images to shows how you feel.

Blog Entries

Firstly, I don't think anyone normal would deny that the holocaust happened. In view of that, arguing with mental retards is a fight you're going to lose since they'll ignore whatever you present.

There are two ways of considering this video. The content or the construction. The subject of the video means that anyone criticising the construction, leaves themselves open for a charge of anti-semitism or holocaust denial, so please bear in mind I'm talking about the way the video's been made, not what it's intended to achieve.

It's a very corny video. Sad music, soft zooms on emotional images, fades in and out of black. This has been done so many times before, that it's no longer an efficient way of communicating an opinion. The images are horrifying, mainly because you know the story behind them. For those morons who deny the holocaust, those images won't have an impact because they don't have the emotional attatchment which is required to feel for the victims.
    The music is also a heart-tugging version of a soft-focus filter. Schmaltzy.

Recently we've seen this sort of music video so often that it no longer has an impact. Everything from movie trailers, to documentary promos and Fox news propaganda clips. As soon as it starts, we brace ourselves mentally, knowing that we're about to be manipulated. To avoid this you'll have to find a different approach.

It's a very difficult subject, one not to be taken lightly, and I wish you luck. Just try to be original.

I'll give you an idea for free. Bring it up to the present. Compare how the Germans in the 30s chose to look the other way, to the way people accept what's happening in Camp X-ray. That'll really get emotions running and provoke debate, just be prepared for the outcry.

Edit: Whatever you decide, thanks for posting this, please bear in mind that I'm the proverbial "Grumpy old git" and my criticisms are about the videomaking, not the videomaker.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 05-28-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Ah. Well, sorry it wasn't put together very well.

To be honest, it took about 2 1/2 hours to find all the photos and then compile it. Also, it was done with Window Movie Maker- which also doesn't say much.

But, I tried to get my point across. Hopefully it'll get to some people. Who knows.

I had to cancel my War of the Worlds fan film because of the high CGI budget that we couldn't afford, so I'm moving on to a Holocaust film. Hopefully it'll have a better effect than this did?

I agree with the Guru. A voice over would of been nice. Not just pictures. Get some facts out there. But do it in a horrific tone or get someone to do it.

Blog Entries

What's the message you're trying to send? I presume you want to have a pop at those who say that the holocaust didn't happen, or wasn't that bad, or some other rubbish.

My approach would be to try and shock.

Take the song "Simply the best" from Tina Turner, have footage from the nazis, the marches, the meetings, hitler and his cronies. After the first minute, start adding footage of the Jewish pograms (Kristallnacht) and the Warsaw ghetto. Keep the shots of the "superior race" and mix with shots of the nazis abusing the Jewish population. Then bring in shots of the concentration camps, by which time the audience should be thinking about what you're trying to say.