Thread: whoopsie

Default whoopsie

I just downloaded sony vegas 6.0d, but unfortunately Vegas is being very retarded, and I have many questions...

1) I did not want to install anything but vegas, and it put like 2 other things on my computer without asking. And now I cant find them to delete them, how do I delete them? (I remember one being media manager or something)
    2) when I try to go in it says I HAVE to register, but when I try to register is says my internet isnt working..which it actually is.
    3) how do I find the info I need, because I called them and it says they were closed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Its none of my business but why do you want to uninstall media manager?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Default ...

Well I dont even know what it is...I had just finished loading vegas, and then all of a sudden it says Sony is going to install blah blah and media manager. And I was like the wtf? I just dont trust sony, so I only want to install what I need...

I remember reading a while back on bbc news website that sony has put malicious virus software on peoples computers...and I dont want that.

Blog Entries

The media manager is a very useful and (almost) integral part of Vegas. I seriously doubt the validity of the virus claim. It is common knowledge about the anti-piracy stuff, but that's hardly a virus.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 05-27-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pspauthority
    I remember reading a while back on bbc news website that sony has put malicious virus software on peoples computers...and I dont want that.
    This was not a virus, but rather "root-kit" (software that conceals itself deep inside the OS). There was obviously some constenation regarding the use of such "alleged" spyware used by Sony as copy protection on audio CDs. Sony admitted that the use of their XCP copy protection software may increase a PCs risk of virus infection and released ways to uninstall this on your PC.