Thread: Encore Problem when building DVD

Default Encore Problem when building DVD

I have just created a menu with a submenu in encore dvd 2.0, when previewed it works fine. When I check the project it states "End action will not execute because of end action in final chapter"
    Can anyone give a clues as to what Encore is getting at.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

In Encore DVD v2 there is a new feature. Actually, there're loads of new features but just one is causing you a little bit of grief here. V2 allows you to specify an end action at the end of each chapter of a clip on a timeline. Previously the entire timeline had to completely play before any end action (i.e. that of the timeline) would kick in, typically taking you back to the menu or maybe play a second timeline.

What the message you have is telling you is that the final chapter of one of your timeline has an end action set. the end action of the last chapter will kick in before th eend action of the end of the timeline (even though it's really the same thing) and so Encore is letting you know that the end action of the timeline will never be reached. That's all.

I can't imagine it will make any difference but as Encore clearly 'wants' you to have the end action on the timline I suggest you do that if only to stop all the whinging.

Hope this is clear. Letme know how things turn out.

And how do you like v2 then. I find it much more stable than v1 or 1.5 and so far I love the slideshow feature. Great stuff.

Default Encore Problem when building DVD

Thanks Alan, spot on as usual. I suppose if I had looked at the FLOWCHART I would have seen the problem. Encore is great software, the ease with which you can create menus and sub menus is amazing.
    Once again thanks very much.
    Brus
    Kenneth Rogers

Good timing. I've just been playing with Encore v2 and, as pleased as I am with it, I just found my first bug.

I'm piecing together a DVD of a handfull of my short movies. Nothing extravagant, no animated menus or anything like that. but this evening I thought I'd try something I've not done before. Diorector's Commentaries.

I set up all the 'change audio' links as per the manual and the preview sometimes gets it right and sometimes doesn't. It was the same few options where the audio reverted back to the 'default'. I've been assuming I've missed something. Anyway, aftre an hour of playing I tried building a folder copy ofthe DVD anbd playing it back through PowerDVD instead of the Encore preview. It all works fine there. D'oh!