Thread: video

Default video

heres a video some dude filmed with my camcorder with me acting. All feedback is welcome, thanks.

It was good. Watch the reflections in the windows you can see the camara man. The opening graphics should be on screen a little longer. The music fits the story well. overall good job. What NLE are you useing to do your post?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

I liked the idea but...

Unfortunately the music didn't quite bond with the visuals. The music has a definite rhythm and the images have to be "in sync" with this. Cutting at the end of a musical phrase, for example. Also, the music has a "peak". The visuals should reflect this and there should be something happening at the point where the music reaches a high.

The sound was a bit of a let-down too. His calls are indistinct and there's no ambient noises at all. I realise you wanted to show the emptyness, but you still need an aural clue. you can do sound with an on-camera microphone, if you're prepared to do a bit of dubbing afterwards.

Apart from that, it's a very good start. Video drama is hard to get right. Anyone can point a camcorder at street action, but making a good drama, comedy or scripted video is difficult. I think you've got the passion, please keep on...

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff, please keep posting it here!

for the first 25 seconds man, i thought the music along with the darkness of the video worked well... that powerful effect the music did in the beginning quickly vanished after the intial 25 secs.

overall nice man
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

The camera was shaking, get a tripod. Overall, it's ok

Quote Originally Posted by minsh
    The camera was shaking, get a tripod. Overall, it's ok
    how the hell can you move with a tripod? you mean get a STEADICAM....its hard just to keep it stable as it is handheld anyway...

A tripod + Tripod dolly. A steadi cam is.. expensive