Thread: Which video editing software

Default Which video editing software

Hi there.

I am new to video editing and therefore need some advice on what video editing software to purchase. Having chatted to a few people in PC world, Curry's and Jessop, it would appear that most people recommend the purchase of Adobe Elements 4 for slide shows and Adobe Elements 2 for video editing. A few people have also recommended Pinnacle Studio 10 plus as a good video editing programme.

I have downloaded Adobe Elements 2 and have started to play with it. it does appear to be quite an easy prog to use. If anyone out there uses this software, I have the following question, can one edit inside a scene, as the video I want to edit contains some shots within a scene which I would like to cut out. Your assistance on this particular point will be much appreciated.

Stefankent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stefankent
    can one edit inside a scene, as the video I want to edit contains some shots within a scene which I would like to cut out. Your assistance on this particular point will be much appreciated.
    This is pretty much the bread and butter of Non Linear Editing (NLE), i.e editing video on a PC. You can cut out, add in and pretty much do whatever you like with your video. Your only limit is your imagination.

Welcome to the 'crazy' world of video editing stefankent. Yes, the software you mention will do all the things you want, it's just a matter of finding a particular one that works best for you as everyone has their own favourite. You should download trial versions of the titles and see what they are like and how they run on your PC. Failing that, go into your local newsagents and take out a subscription to a few of the many video editing magazines that are currently on sale. They always have a cover mounted DVD with trial software including video editing, compositing, audio editing, music making (this usually involves sticking already composed loops together) and a host of utilities. You may even strike lucky some month by getting a totally free version of some older software.