Thread: Premiere Pro 2 vs Premiere Elements 2

Default Premiere Pro 2 vs Premiere Elements 2

Hiya
    I am new to these softwares and have just started learning Premiere Pro 2 and having much fun with it. can someon tell me if Elements is a similar program or a complimentary program to Premiere Pro. How do they relate to each other?

Cheers.

Premiere Pro 2 is geared more for the Professional type people (or serious home users that want a more professional video) that want to really do a lot of stuff in their videos and Premiere Elements 2 is more geared towards the Home User.

I myself use Premiere Pro 1.5 and will soon be upgrading to PP 2. My friend uses Premiere Elements 2. Premiere Elements 2 uses the engine of Premiere Pro 2 and you can do a lot of stuff with it, but I myself have never used it. Which one is better for you is more of a personal preference really.

I started out and use to use Sony's Vegas Movie Studio 4.0 and I wanted try out Premiere so I got ahold of Premiere 6 and fell in love with it and immediately upgraded to Premiere Pro 1.5 (this was before 2.0 came out) and have never looked back since. Now that I am getting so use to After Effects 7.0's layout and windows I really want to get Premiere Pro 2.0 since switching back and forth from PP 1.5 (with its old looks) and AE 7.0 looks so strange to me now. I like the new look much better now.

I now have After Effects 7.0 and am learning it as well and like being able to use the other products Adobe has with my PP 1.5 and AE 7.0. I also have Audition 1.5 and Illustrator 8 and am working on getting Photoshop to complete my set.

The main reason I wanted to get Premiere Pro instead of the Premiere Elements is I wanted to be able to grow as I learn about the program and with Premiere Pro and I have a lot of growing space. And a lot to learn in the process.

Cost is a big issue too comparing Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 as well. Premiere Elements is MUCH cheaper. You can goto Adobe's website and download a Tryout version of each and then see which one more suits you.

Dave

I bought pp2.

Elements is the basic.
    But i'm quite curious that u use pp2 instead of vegas. Many users liked vegas better then pp2.

I have pp2, adobe encore dvd2, after effects 7, photoshop cs2 v.9 and adobe audition 2.

I'm stucked at after effects, audition and encore, which i totally don't know how to use it.